data-csrf="1711659141,50d0d74186f520e12b56c592bc6e4ab4" The Backside Of Black Friday............. | As Real As It Gets

The Backside Of Black Friday.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Others said that they were thinking about pulling the trigger,on same.

Bigger than I'd thunked,but don't change anything in my book.

I like rheostats with an "OFF" betwixt every setting. CR2032 powered and they included (2).

It's daylight bright. #6 of 10 here,on 1.5x.

Not suplized.

Ele and windage are 1/2 MOA graduated,with 96 MOA from top to bottom of ele.

Ain't gonna ask much of it,other than to fucking hold zero,as an Otter Knocker upon a Franklin Whizzum. It's SFP,which don't hurt the particular application,as a 200yd Krunchenticker Whizzum zero,is purty fucking forgiving.

Time will tell......................

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Looks like a decent package for that use; unless it flat shits the bed, I'd expect it will suffice.

Main issue & failures with most lower end scopes is less than durable mechanicals so unless you are dialing up & down all the time, it will likely be OK. Does it have the Vortex warranty?

Be sure to post some follow up after you beat it up a little. :D

MM

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nowadays Burris to their credit,do have subtension values for their shit reticles. None of it is intuitive and it's Hilarious...but at least it's there. I get more than a touch dubious,when subtension values are in an increment,the erector cannot deliver.(grin)

This elder offering,don't share the readiness of a subtension schematic,but it don't take long to shoot/correlate same.

The esoteric values lauded Today,are always good for a fucking laugh.

30MOA per ele/windage turret revolution.

In fairness,S&B does shit equally as fucking stupid and omit parallax adjustment and a good reticle both,on their "Tactical" 6x and 10x's.

How do SWFA get soooooooooooooo much fucking right?!?.......................(grin)

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Nice. Was looking at that one and have been tempted. I tried a Burris 2-10 Veracity this year. It puked and they deemed it not fixable. Replacement is on it’s way. See how the second one does.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
No suplizes here.

Should have a shipment from The Kali Kid arrive today and hopefully more glass. Ordered a buncha brass too and cain't find it...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I thought this order bounced and it was a nice suplize,to open it this morning.

Happiness is a large diamond stone................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Couldn't stand the narrow DD's,so will 1913 Sister's Klassik Kreedmire,with moving X's.

Maximum ring spacing,sure is soothin'...................

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Yeah, looks good............a little far back for my taste, covering the CH a tad heavy though.

I'm waiting for a delivery today too; a new NF (although not your favorite ;)), a new JP bolt & several pairs of electronic ear protector for the family member that don't already have 'em.

Still need a new mount & a new upper, have to prolly wait for X-mas sale now.

MM

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I have ZERO fucking faith in Burris and will be AMAZED,if it makes the grade...trigger time will tell. Winter Cast and Blasts are a great way to wring out wares. Have a GFI Kenai enroute for a beloved 22/45 LITE and it'll back the pending burris puke.(grin)

I've never crawled Krunchenticker stocks and never will,if only because I don't like to sip gas.................

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
I would love for burris to actually “work”.
Yep. Every scope I buy can't be a NF, S&B or similar. SS's are the next best alternatives, all things considered.

Burris has some attractive packages...................if they would hold together.

MM

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just checked mail and grabbed a ocular flip-up for da' Burris(size 16).

The Kali Kid does it again!..............

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Love the "Fuck Tikkas"..............they are just plain ugly ass guns, I don't care how they shoot.

On the other hand, I've been known to have a few Sako's.

MM

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Little Big Gun is a NASTY fucking bitch and dat's a GOOD thang.

Sucker hole for weather,due the current crop of crisp/clear high pressure.

The 3-15's cat tail was too much of a good thang,for me...so I pert near whittled it all away.

It's strictly for squirting 88's....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Love the "Fuck Tikkas"..............they are just plain ugly ass guns, I don't care how they shoot.

On the other hand, I've been known to have a few Sako's.

MM

There will be more than a few Teeker '250's shipping to Kalifornia for the Kreedmire Konversion,after I heat that bitch up....................(grin)

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It stresses me out knowing that when I eyeball the engraving it’ll be forever public...

But to put a positive spin on things, the bolt handle reminds me of the fire/hardened spears in Lord of the Flies.... ha!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You just keep cranking out KILLER work and I'll make you fucking Famous.

Oh how I LOVE leaving metal as is!.......................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Model DC521. Half Diamond/half Ceramic and all GOOD.

Big enough,to literally cut to the fucking chase.

You'll not regret it.....................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Yep, I’ll have to have one....

I’m looking for a large stone somewhere in the neighhborhood of 4”x12” or so. Want it to sharpen meat grinder blades and cleaning up the grinder plates. Only thing I’ve found is in China so far....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I ordered a BIG bench stone from one outfit and they gypped me. Took my cash and won't answer Emails or phone calls. Pretty funny!

Last glass of the day is in place.

1913 sure is soothin'.................

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
I blew my wad on 4 XTR2s when they were half price. Not a bad scope but I wouldn’t pay full price for one when my 5-20 Super Chicken is as nice as it is. I put a whopping 16 rounds through the Burris and APO 6.5CM. Punched my ticket at 7am on the opener.

XTR2s have a good reputation for durability and that’s why I bought them. If they go tits up Burris has a warranty like Vortex. We all know about the Vortex warranty because you’ll need it. I’m betting I won’t with the Burris. Burris’s cheaper scopes aren’t too bad for holding zero, I have 2 3-9 Tac 30s on a 223 AR and 308 AR and they’ve done right by me for $200 each.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I know there were/are alotta XTR2 issues,but supposedly the '3's are hanging tough.

Still pretty funny,that despite the 34mm tubes and 10 oz weight "advantage",they still can't muster 6x MQ erector travel..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Whittakers latched onto a special run and blew 'em out.

Melissa can get you one from her Distributor and that's how a few found their way to town. RPM is right,as is the magbox,which is never a bad thing.

I think the Speedmire Punch,is going to be A Thang..................

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Whittakers latched onto a special run and blew 'em out.

Melissa can get you one from her Distributor and that's how a few found their way to town. RPM is right,as is the magbox,which is never a bad thing.
In all my years of watching you post rifle pics, I cannot recall ever seeing a wood stocked rifle before..............you goin' soft? :D

How long will it last in that?

MM

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Almost home, just in time for the rain it looks like. Have some 6.5 130 Gamechangers to try out. Not the highest BC bullet but midway had them on sale.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Rained a smidge last night and the windshield ain't froze.

As 130's go,the JLK's rate a thunk and all else is JUNK.

Hint...............

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Almost home, just in time for the rain it looks like. Have some 6.5 130 Gamechangers to try out. Not the highest BC bullet but midway had them on sale.
Post your thoughts on the Sierras. I thought about grabbing a box.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Soooooo got suckered into the gun buying frenzy at LC. What grain bullet can I shoot out is a 1-14 22-250? Dang impulse buys.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Was just there,buying the above caps and they had shit spilling over everywhere and (3) guys had rifles they snagged. I kept my hands in my pocket and didn't read end labels too hard.(grin)

A 14" '250 is 50'Max Territory for me...with '15 and 200's....................

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Roger that. Got a stainless for the kids to shoot for 3 bills. Was a little crowded when I was there. The guns went quick.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
22” stainless Browning XBolt. 22-250. By the time I got there that was the only thing even halfway appealing. Kids should have a good time with it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
When I was there,it was Salvage,Ruger,Winchester and Browning boxes...mebbe something else too.

I tried not to look.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Still trickling in. The Duluthnanza always cracks me up...LOVE their stuff!

Plop-Plop Fizz-Fizz brass and some Little Big Gun Virgins.

Going to check again,as my extry extry Alpha,should oughtta be here......................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Shoot the Burris yet?

Nope.

Decided I'd wring it out on the Heavy Vudoo and the weather ain't none to friendly. Figured that to be the most "fair" way to resolve tracking,then it'll just be Utility Use,as the REAL barometer of zero retention...................