data-csrf="1711633614,6158107cc4fed57d57e3c226d2d6b029" WhooHoo, 2021 is starting out great..... | As Real As It Gets

WhooHoo, 2021 is starting out great.....

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Hope everything shakes out all right for ya !! Mine has worked like a charm thus far, currently lives in Horn's rings on my heavyish 280ai 162-180 Eld'm launcher.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nearly flopped it aboard one of the Heavy 280's and still might,if it checks out.

What do you have for windage adjustment? I'm at 22 Mil's total adjustment,with elevation centered. 33.7 Mil's of elevation total adjustment,with windage centered. The reticle alone at 12x,will get The Hulk to the 1500yd line with 180's.

I dig the scope,but would like it better,if it actually worked...................(grin)

Hondo64d

Feb 19, 2015
The Big Country
So far, knock on wood, every Elite Tactical I’ve had has performed flawlessly. A 3-12 LRHS, 4.5-18 LRHSi, 4.5-18 LRTSi, 3-12 LRTSi, and now the DMR ll Pro. Had one I suspected once, but turned out the scope wasn’t the issue. Still running the 3-12 LRTSi on my hunting rig. So far, I think it is the best long range hunting scope out there. Hope your DMR II turns out ok.

John

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The LRTSi 3-12x,is certainly my pick of the litter.

Fucked up and punched the bore,as it had been 1500rds+,since it had seen a patch.

Busy reorganizing and am scoring left and right! 1000 147 ELD's I didn't know about,coupla thousand 33gr Hornet JHP's for case forming,200pcs of 264 Kreed Virgin brass,Virgin 338Ultra brass,1000 .284" 180 ELD's,coupla thousand .243" 105 'Max,etc,etc.

Fuck the scope....................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
In a hurry,but scope was "weird" for a few shots,then healed. Swapped rifles last night.(grin)

The Rock Hart do it like it always do and threw shit into a single ragged hole...first (3) shots at 100yds(all I shot),though it was wearing it's 10x MOA Quad in Badgers. POA/POI was a smidge off,but perhaps I've lost my touch with BarWrench TQ values?!?(grin) A coupla clicks and zero turret,then put it to bed. Not shabby,for having een JB'd 50 strokes or so,hit with a coupla light Kroil passed and dry patched out. No foulers.

My Heavy 270 was boresighted early this morning,on the neighbor's garage light. First hasty trio resembled a group and a modest windage adjustment opened shit right THE fuck up. Whirled/twirled elevation a few times between the next trio and it simmered. Made a slight correction,rattled zoom to/fro 20 or so times and made more trips than that to the bottom/top of erector and it was a ragged hole,which is how that rifle tends to shoot.

1st trio ala DMR. POI was to the right and low.

Adjusted windage and a wee bit of height and it was crazy.

First erection whirl/twirl.

Zoom flop and multiple erector dumps.

Zero'd shit and will await better atmospherics to stretch shit loooonnnngggggggggg,but nothing flew offa fucking cliff.

Sounding like a Rifle Build Day..............

Reactions: ridgeline

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Glad to hear glass healed up for ya !! whirling n twirling got her juices flowing.... grin. Mine with 60 moa inclination sigs/rail is 5.5 mil from the bottom with 28mils of up from a 100yd zero, burned 4.5mil of windage from center to grant a zero.... shoulda chased it via the eccentrics but got lazy.... About to load the truck here shortly will throw in a 1:7" 6BR and a 1:7" 22 Kreed' to hopefully hammer one or two of the freshly rubbed out bucks .....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Fresh snow this morning and it seems the wind laid down,will try to take a spin and see WTF,to shoot come-ups.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hangin' TIGHT today and am happy. Threaded lotsa needles today,as the weather was simply perfect for same.

Liking the DMR Deuce goodly much......................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
"Settling",is actually unsettling.(grin)

It was an ABSOLUTE fucking Shit Show on Day One. I've seen me shoot and wasn't fretting me,the rifle proper or it's mounting system.

Strange Brew and I doubt temperature induced..................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Got bumped up to a supervision position, more money and hours....always a good thing.

Traded in the old and picked up a new rut ride. There is a Leer cap on it’s way.

2021 Colorado Z71

Reactions: dakotagun

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
It isn’t great on gas but considering the 6.0L gas engine 3/4 ton I traded off got 11-12mpg, it makes the 165 mile daily round trip a little more bearable.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Runs real well, as strange as it sounds it feels a hell of a lot like the Mustang I had only sitting higher. Engine sounds anemic until you look down and find your pushing 80.....

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Runs real well, as strange as it sounds it feels a hell of a lot like the Mustang I had only sitting higher. Engine sounds anemic until you look down and find your pushing 80.....

I get that. I went from a 6.0L Ford F350 to a half ton Dodge. First time I was out on the highway I was thinking that the Dodge was real anemic and didn't accelerate as hard as the Ford did, till I realized I was already doing 150 KPH and catching up REAL fast to traffic. Turns out that a new one just FEELS slower because they don't rattle and squeek when you are pushing on the go button.
Was thinking the other day that the F350 must pull harder from a stop, as it would break 35's loose on dry pavement, until a buddy pointed out that on a new rig you can't break the rears loose for very long on ice due to computerized traction control..... Pickups have definitely come a long way in the last 5 years.

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Same boat as Hangunnr, I am stepping back into the sales world as management sucks, not the job just the people I have to manage, worked out a pretty sweet deal and talked the wife into a new rut ride myself, 2020 Tundra gas mileage is shitty but I love my Tundra

Been lusting for one of these for a while.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm less than 120,000 miles on The Blue Bitch,but (4) sets of suspension and (5) sets of tires...so I might have 50% of the goody outta it?!?.................

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Nice rides gents but I must be doin' it wrong. There's winter mud and grime all over the '91 and the bottom half of a rosewood china hutch in the bed waiting to get hefted into the house.

No payments since '92.... *grin*

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Nice rides gents but I must be doin' it wrong. There's winter mud and grime all over the '91 and the bottom half of a rosewood china hutch in the bed waiting to get hefted into the house.

No payments since '92.... *grin*
yup- that's exacty why I'm lustin, and not payin.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
.........as management sucks......
Had to fire a dumbphuck this week because he felt he wasn’t being treated right and threatened to bring a gun to work. He only wanted to do one certain type of weld and cried like the little bitch he is because he was made to do other types of welds. I’ve had guys threaten to whip my ass in the parking lot after getting fired but never had one bold (stupid) enough to mention a gun. For the most part running crews is pretty mundane but every now and then it gets exciting.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Congrats on the new rigs boys!

Im dreading the day that I have to get a new one. The 08 dodge diesel is approaching 200k, and all the emissions stuff fell off when I hit a monster pothole. It has been abused by both of its owners and is still running strong, but I fear its days are numbered.

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
I'm nearing time for a bigger truck k soon to fit the family. The 98' Yota T100 is near 260k and getting tired. Still runs great, but too small. Guys always tell me I "Need" a big diesel, cause they last. I simply point to the Yota and the silence begins.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
The modern diesel is just a wildly complex machine, especially given how simple they were not that long ago. But, if you need to tow much at all they are maybe worth the gamble. You certainly don't want to tow with anything else once you've tasted low rpm torque and the exhaust brake. But then there's def, more emissions shit, cold weather issues etc. And toyota isn't an option there, which is a shame.

Hondo64d

Feb 19, 2015
The Big Country
The modern diesel is just a wildly complex machine, especially given how simple they were not that long ago. But, if you need to tow much at all they are maybe worth the gamble. You certainly don't want to tow with anything else once you've tasted low rpm torque and the exhaust brake. But then there's def, more emissions shit, cold weather issues etc. And toyota isn't an option there, which is a shame.
If I we’re gonna go 3/4 or 1 ton for towing, I’d be looking real hard at the Fords with the 7.3L Godzilla. I can’t make the increased operating and maintenance cost of the new diesels pencil out..,

John

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
No more diesels for me. I have my first and last....a 2006 Duramax. Been a great truck but the new ones are choked to death with emissions. When my mechanic told me his hourly rate and how many hours in labor alone to remove emissions equipment for engine work, that was enough for me. The cost of a new one today is as much as a small home. No thanks.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia

Nice view of the job site.
I’m responsible for all the large bore high pressure pipe that comes off the 2 boilers. They’re the 2 buildings with the cylindrical stacks in the middle right of the picture. The upper deck on those is about 130’ up.

Reactions: dznnf7 and Brett