data-csrf="1711665610,e535c6ab97d90691a415ce441a96adcb" Exporting Scope Rings? | As Real As It Gets

Exporting Scope Rings?

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Does anybody know what the actual rules are around that? Exporting rings out of the continental US to another country, say somewhere like Canada? I bought a set of Burris Signature rings from a guy off rockslide last fall zero issue.
Finding 30 mill dual dovetail rings is fucking near impossible up here.
Found 21 sets online but they tell me over the phone that they will not put them in an envelope and ship them to Canada? What are the actual rules around that? I know it’s not illegal to have them shipped into Canada from our standpoint, so it is definitely something on the US side.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
The law governing it is called "ITAR", you can Google the details. Lots of businesses won't ship perfectly legal things internationally, just to keep the feds away from their business.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Ahhh, that helps. Thanks. Well, it explains it anyway I guess.
Dude didn’t even really want to talk to me after questioning my phone number being from Canada.
Pretty irritating that they are that spooked that they won’t ship two metal circles in an envelope though. I get it, if you are going to get your hand slapped over $50 then it isn’t worth it, but still irritating.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Whenever I've bought sportsmatch Tikka rings from across the pond they write "telescope parts" on the package. Probably not a bad idea when mailing to our northern neighbors as well.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Yeah, the guy I dealt with (I think it must be a dude who doesn’t have an actual storefront) definitely wasn’t going to do anything to help me out like that.
Definitely not the same level of service as the guys in New York who will mark stuff as “warranty returns” with paperwork…

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Hahahahaha that mighta worked, but the place declined my order due to billing address not being in the US. AND, blocked calls from numbers originating outside of the US as well.