data-csrf="1714152274,f1710d17b9874e9371b19193f12a1229" New Sig Kilo - Any reports? | As Real As It Gets

New Sig Kilo - Any reports?

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Been running the 3ks for a couple years, and love them. I hated the new 10k binoc when I got a chance to finger them in the field.

If the 6k is more in line with the 3k, then I’ll grab one… as I much prefer 8x to 10x binoculars.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
They are brick & mortar and I had them on the phone...but have never ordered from them before. Couple pards are expecting their's any day,from the same Outfit...........

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The 'Los killed a HOG Buck with his this morning,in the fog. He received it yesterday.

I'll take mine to work and they'll sell like hotcakes!..................(grin)

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Looking forward to the reports. I'm skeptical of the smaller glass but love the lower power. A lot of my binocular work is in the woods and a 6x would do just fine. Lighter is always better - but usually has a sharp price in optical performance.

WhiskeyTango

Dec 4, 2009
Colorado Springs
Figured I had to snag a set before you fuckers bought them all.

I’ll play with them side by side with the 3000bdx which in all respects have worked well for me.

Thanks for the store link.

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
Got my 8xs in Friday…pretty good first impressions so far. Haven’t had time to fool with the BT interface, APP, etc but imagine it’s gonna work just as well as the 3ks.

Noticeably less blue tint in the glass compared to the 3ks…
Eye cups are tighter with good, positive locks…
Very nice size/weight…(of course)
Laser is very fast, along with the scan mode… Haven’t had any other conditions other than bluebird skys but was hitting tree lines at 2800, reflectives at 4400-4600, wooden high line poles at 3300, cattle out to 2350.

Glass is useable for sure. Took a little bit to get the right side diopter to play nice with my left eye dominance, but all good.

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I was hoping to schlep the Sig 8x bitchers and my POS Geovids to work this pass,to catch the last of the light.

Leica can't even fucking begin to hang...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just got home and it was the first parcel I opened. It hits 2600yds+ off the front porch and I already fucking LOVE them.

Do it...........

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Los's are shit.

Though he had them all fucked up in the wrong Modes,I sorted same out and they still were subpar. Obvious to me,was that the armor(rubber) coating was covering a portion of the emitter. I advised him to box them up,write a nice note and be thrilled with the replacements. I'm dumb enough to have cut some armor away,but cain't tell others to do so.(grin)

My Leica's are Dog Shit in comparison and 8x is a HAPPY place,with said objective sizing(exit pupil is Physics).

These are simply fucking WICKED..............

WhiskeyTango

Dec 4, 2009
Colorado Springs
Used mine on a successful cow elk hunt this morning. Wasn’t tough conditions at all but glass was impressive pre-sunrise and after we packed the elk out I sat around and ranged a bunch, should have compared them with the 3ks in the truck but forgot.

Reactions: Joshf303

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
Have you tested out the waypoint projection feature? Would it get you right to a downed critter across a valley accuracy-wise?
Haven’t personally because I’m not a Basemap user, but from other users that feature sounds like it’s very unreliable at best.

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
Leicas won’t range thru hardly anything in the atmosphere
Be it rain, fog, etc
The sigs do a whole lot better
Couple days ago Calvin and I were out shooting and it was kinda foggy
Sigs would range the target no problem while Leica just said 20 yards
They are Not even in the same realm when it comes to ranging in unfavorable conditions

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
With the sigs and bad weather just hold the button down and as ‘Stick said let them chew thru it
Leica will lie and say it is 19 or 20 until the weather improves or the cows come home

WhiskeyTango

Dec 4, 2009
Colorado Springs
Got it, thanks. We have a lot of fair weather days so I haven’t had a chance to use them in the fog. Beats the pants off of using a separate rangefinder and honestly a lot of glass. Win/win. Favorite part of my kit right now.

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Had a little issue with mine today, couldn’t get them to read anything over about 300. Spotted a coyote bedded way out in a pivot, spent 15 minutes trying to get the glasses to work. Lucky little bastard could still be laying there for all I know.

Monkeyed with them, swapped the battery…. nothing.

Finally got pissed enough to give them a nice “fuck’em” toss on the floorboard. They’re back to working like a champ after the bounce. Still don’t know WTF was up.

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
WaTF, Was that your 3k unit or did you grab a 6K ?? Really want another BRF to streamline killin' ! a few pards have the Fury 500AB's with no issues thus far and are pleased with them. I have not been able to finger the new Sigs yet ...

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Been running the 3k for a couple years. Went to the 8x 6ks because I hate 10x binoculars. Bought two of the 8x 6ks, I suppose I’ll run the other one while the OG set is sent back to Sig.

Headed back out in the am…. this bitch wasn’t as lucky as the hayfield dog. Though you don’t really need your rangefinder to work, when you shoot them at 45 yards.

57756DAF-A947-4A25-8D08-F89500BBD749.jpeg

Reactions: ridgeline

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Nothing wrong with shooting them at spittin' distance ! hope Sig takes care of you and keep us in the loop with how it plays out. Good luck in the morning on the 'yotes.... Pics or it didn't happen. grin

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Stick, you throw them in a creek yet? Grin

My stuff gets sooooo wet in my pack and on overnight hunts, I'm a bit on the fence to dropping coin on something like that. I really want them though.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I got a chance to fondle a set of Vortex Fury HD 5000 10x42 rangefinding binos the other day. They seemed like really good optics, and the range-finding feature was pretty slick. Their website says the Vortex warranty also covers the electronics, which sounds like a good thing.

Does anyone know how these compare to the Sig offering(s)?

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
236 yard chip shot bro…tip didn’t even have enough air time to melt. Dats the secret!