data-csrf="1713628845,ab97a89c9c04140a5f1990a80559dbe9" Exceptionally WELL Thunked............. | As Real As It Gets

Exceptionally WELL Thunked.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
BearNanza.

Focus is 250 Skinners at 2600fps,with (4) in the belly and rather modest recoil,for that performance threshold. Sister wanted a 2-12x on it,though another Brownie MPO 1-6x Donut was laying in wait.

A 375 H&H cain't hang,despite being louder,heavier,kicking harder and being more expensive to shoot.(grin)

Straight up fucking KILLER Rifle..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Skinners kiss at 3.520"(which is BEAUTIFUL),but alas...OEM Winny boxes are 3.385"-ish hilariously!

Typically on 70's,I circumvent same,thusly.

MWG has oft' saved my bacon,in such regards. REAL Load Development will start at 3.520" COAL Skinner Smooches and I'll simply swap guts,on their arrival. No thang to eek 225gr Speer's in OEM Gut Configuration,for case forming.

EVERYONE is gonna dig this rifle.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd rather be on the top of the mountain looking down,rather than the bottom looking,so I tend to round up. I've a SUBSTANTIAL "spares" inventory,but still pad an order.

With a NIB 70 EW 264 Kreed and to make 147's happy,I robbed Peter,to pay Paul. I borrowed my 300 Whizzum's guts,to eek the requisite COAL of said projectile,to said throat. No biggy.

Lotsa ways to get there,but as 70's go,MWG makes shit REAL easy..............

WhiskeyTango

Dec 4, 2009
Colorado Springs
Glad you’re enjoying the rifle, I always meant to do the mag mods just never got around to it.

I use a different handle here so people wouldn’t think I’m a Texan.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Night before last.

Cold have whittled,but I like poke S/S guts wherever/whenever I can.

REALLY nice platform and 250 Skinner Smooches easily arranged.............

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Speaking of model 70s I just snagged a push feed in 223 with a new Boyd's walnut on the cheap. Needs some refinishing on the metal but I got that covered.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Things don't never not get WAY warmer/fuzzier,when GOOD bullets are going GOOD places. I'd yank the spout,way before I pulled the trigger...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Curious to see how a Trijicon 1-8x performs here.

Had to A-just,to eek all the eye-relief.(grin)

Smells terrific,but Trigger Time is always the deciding factor.

Hopes is high............

Reactions: Rolltide

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
In summation,the Trijicon is a major disappointment in tracking. Bad enough that I revisited fasteners,which had been tightened only hours prior and gave it a shake listening for rattles.(grin)

Hmmmmm...the NX8 1-8x FFP do intrigue.............

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
The DMx reticle is great, but it comes with the capped turret. The zero stop turret is nice but the reticle sucks. they are NF after all. Wouldn't want to give you exactly what you want. Eye box is a hair touchy but not too bad. Comes with the 8x territory. Overall it's a keeper because of the weight, IMO. Europtic demos are a click away.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The DMx reticle is great, but it comes with the capped turret. The zero stop turret is nice but the reticle sucks. they are NF after all. Wouldn't want to give you exactly what you want. Eye box is a hair touchy but not too bad. Comes with the 8x territory. Overall it's a keeper because of the weight, IMO. Europtic demos are a click away.

Just ordered a NX8 1-8x DMX Dark Earth #663. It'll peel nearly 10 ounces and I reckon a guy can count on it tracking/repeating...................

Reactions: CaptArab

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Mines on an AR but I often think she'd do well on the Montana. Definitely gotta play with the eyepiece to avoid the fisheye but I think you'll dig it.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Can’t help but notice the Brownells MPO box in the pic. Had a chance to see WTF yet?

Those were next on my list of the SWFA 1-4s don’t work out.

For the rifles these would go on, NF is out of my league, unfortunately.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Have a couple of the 1-6x MPO's and everything about them is rather good, excepting the reticle.(grin)

Fact is, nobody likes 'em and I keep one on a Gas Gun,as much for R&D as anything else. A plain Duplex would do much more for me and seemingly everyone else.

It's apparently more of a Gamer's glass and that is not my World.

The 1-8x with either the fine Duplex or CQ reticle would likely appeal more to all, but that is just a gut hunch...............

Reactions: Witt