data-csrf="1711660248,3718357764ff9cd338833d62a846de46" 10-22 for squirts | As Real As It Gets

10-22 for squirts

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Is there an adjustable stock for the 10/22 that works well for kids? I'd really like to find one that lets my 7 and 10 yr olds both shoot the same rifle.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I have a Savage Rascal .22 you can use, in the short term. We could have the girls hit the range together, sometime, if you'd like.
I thought about the rascal. I'm kind of on the fence on the bolt vs semi auto. Would like to set up with a red dot in order to start off on the right foot, but we'll see....

I had forgotten there was a rimfire range at Rabbit Creek. Kid is very noise sensitive, and I can't imagine the range would be a good place to learn, but I guess options are somewhat limited.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I had forgotten there was a rimfire range at Rabbit Creek. Kid is very noise sensitive, and I can't imagine the range would be a good place to learn, but I guess options are somewhat limited.
The rimfire range is far enough away that the noise from the high-power range isn't distracting.

I have 4x weaver on the Rascal, but I'd bet I could get a Vortex Venom red dot to fit on just the front Weaver base. I'll give it shot. Either way, I'm guessing our daughters would have fun shooting together.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Bought Baby Man a new Vudoo,which just arrived and will poke a 1-6x HD Lit Bitch on it for him. 1x will essentially be a Red Dot and as magnification increases,one gets to use the reticle as a ruler and command all.

There's a scoped Chickmunk laying in the wings,along with various LOP 10/22's,that the kids grew up on. From there,it's reduced LOP K-Hornets,rolling towards 223/223AI's.

Might be method to the madness...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Should add that a Baby Man AR in 22LR,makes alotta sense too,both in ergo's and learning manual of arms........................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Baby Man Vudoo is AWESOME. Kudos to their entire staff and how they conduct their business,as their wares are simply MAGNIFICENT.

Fucking awesome!............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I told Sister,"you have two choices,salt it away until the day you decide to give it to him or bolt it up and run it?"...she said "might as well be killing shit with it now!".

I laughed!...............

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
finally got the PMACA longnose. Got everything bolted up, but now I have to decide on what to do about an aiming device. I've got a Romeo 5 and Holosun 507 sitting here, but I'm thinking they are going to instill some really bad habits around proper head position and eye relief. thoughts? I'm completely new to red dots and reflex sites. I've also got a M8 6x here.

Last edited: