data-csrf="1713506257,e60414aeb36884281ab227b3b89e5e6c" 1000 30mm Words............... | As Real As It Gets

1000 30mm Words...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise

Lowest Horn's are .370" from bottom of ring,to top of rail interface,when wearing a -.020" in stern.

PRW 2's are .265".

Glen's are .230".

Doesn't sound like much,but it's NEARLY (2) toothpick's thickness difference!(grin)

Food for thunkin'...................

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
My FieldTrap will wear the Tally-Ho rail and Seekers here as soon as WhittaKern sends the pea shooter. Slap some FF 6MQ into the saddle and go work it out. Should work. Double stack of teethpickers is a lot of lowness...I like it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Certainly.

Lemme go check the Mail and I'll gut a Donor,for Shaen to slap a shitty Krieger on,to help his Fame..............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
SWFA 30mm Low's are .020" taller than Glen Low's and .015" shorter than PRW 2 Low's. Bases running .230",.250" and .265" respectively...add halfa 30mm to that(.590") and you'll reap center height of ring. Add base thickness to that and you'll KNOW where you'll land,before you get there.

From lowest to tallest,in ascending order...from right of frame to left: Glen Low,SWFA Low,Reupold PRW 2 Low,TPS allow medium at .330" and 'Horn Medium with -.020" at .370".

Have your way..................

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I run the Seekins low with a 0 moa EGW rail on my Montana. Holds a Nightforce compact in place. Closest area is between the bell and end of rail. Fit and finish is superb on the Seekins stuff. Looks more fit trim on the Montana than the XTR’s.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Not that the cost of rings is even meaningful, but SWFA sure gets a lot right for damn near free. If they used Burris inserts too it'd be all over.
Which gives me an idea...and I know a television repairman with an ultimate set of tools.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Jordan Smith said:
That, and the thickness between the clamp and scope tube. Ain't real warm nor fuzzy...
I tend to fret fasteners and both 'Horn's and Glen get that right...along with SWFA. If I can fit a Husky bar wrench on a ring,my "worries" are less than none.(grin)

Have had ALOTTA mount failures through the years...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
DZNNF7 said:
Not that the cost of rings is even meaningful, but SWFA sure gets a lot right for damn near free. If they used Burris inserts too it'd be all over.
Which gives me an idea...and I know a television repairman with an ultimate set of tools.
Inclination is tough to set on the table and walk away from. Ring spacing and ring surface area,are a scope's best friend.

A simplistic/low profile 60 MOA series of STEEL bases,would be VERY welcomed and make alotta things even handier/dandier.............

clark98ut

Jun 3, 2008
Liberty Hill, TX
Eagle1899 said:
Been running ARC rings on my comp rig.

They are hell for stout and only two big fasteners.
The ARC M10 extra low is one of the lowest around at .2” I believe.

Farrell lows are another hell for stout and super low ring.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
I’ve been running the ARC for lowest of low and simplicity on just about everything lately. My stumpy Scottish ancestry combined with no to middling neck make for interesting mounting on a hunting rig.

The McMillan mountaineer has replaced most stocks on hunting rigs. That stock combined with xtr bases or Warne rails and the ARC’s are a homonculus’ best friend for cheek weld on a straight type stock. I’ve warmed to the Hunter stocks lately and have less issues with anything mounted higher.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Thinking Marty 45 MO/MO rail,on The FUCKING KRIEGER.

Shoulda had Shaen carve a Gut Groove for his Double-Lugged SOB rail...which I fucking LOVE.................

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
I have a herd of 700 based hunting rigs, but the scope collection hasn't quite kept up. I'd like to standardize mounting as much as possible, to make it easier to swap around. I have a 419 rail on a prs rig. Super nice, but way more than I need for hunting rigs, and higher/bulkier than I would like.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Seekins makes good stuff, no doubt. I have a couple pair, and the fit/finish is perfect.

For the money, the Vortex Pro-Series rings seem to be very decent, as well. I have a set on the new Tikka rimfire. Link

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Seekins makes good stuff, no doubt. I have a couple pair, and the fit/finish is perfect.

For the money, the Vortex Pro-Series rings seem to be very decent, as well. I have a set on the new Tikka rimfire. Link
Edited to add....
I don't care for the graffiti on the Vortex rings, but I'm guessing the Krylon crowd won't really care. :D

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I’ve not really found one rail that I prefer over the others, but I haven’t bought anything other than Seekins rings in a while.

Apr 3, 2010
Great info on this thread. Went Seekins as well. The ARC stuff is pretty nice looking though.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Marty Steel 1913 is generally rather low. EGW is middle of the road in height. KF is horribly tall.

6 ring cap fasteners soothe me and the SWFA Low's really shake the tree.........................