data-csrf="1711639631,5cd4f5102f1c801aa4d007fc388e04b7" 22PPCAFI?!? WTF?.................. | As Real As It Gets

22PPCAFI?!? WTF?..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Bart' 7" RPM and 88's. GB Outlander in Desert,will open same for GB M5 AICS DBM. Nearly half an hour inclination and one of them there 2-12's I heard about.

Rut NASTY Bitch!

Thanks!!!....................

Reactions: ridgeline

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Looking like AM steel 5rd 223 mags,with the skirt chopped shy of mag lips,is gonna do nice thangs. I finally ran outta milled 700 223 followers,or I'd go BDL in the GB Outlander....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Have several choices,but typically am slumming Hornady 224 Predator FL's from Harrison.

Just got home and haven't opened barreled action parcel yet. have trigger,base,rings,glass,stock,DBM and mags...so it should sing easily.

Have a NIB 3-9x MQ,but am hoping a 2-12x shows up quickly instead. Parallax and illumination,are tough to trump................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Firstly...I REALLY fucking LOVE this rifle!

Skookum,as per always and thanks yet again.

Some things that matter.(grin) Bolt handle is welded,pinhole bushed and pin turned to fit same.

Mocking up stock fit andmaking metal up.

The handle as cited prior is a RHR sourced GB Outlander and in BDL. I kinda/sorta had this done on a "wrong" receiver(223 instead of 308),so going BDL wasn't a feed/function option available to me. I'm outta milled 223 followers and prefer a shoe horned 308 feed rail geometry,for the girthtitude of Grendelness. And then of course,because I DO have 308 milled followers.(grin)

Anywhoo...no thang to AICS DBM inlet a GB Outlander. Mags lock right THE fuck up(more than a few pards don't like my Magtatidue) and the bolt nose rides right where it matters.

The Fire Control System is a Flatty Fuck and those ergos suit me.

The GB M5 RHR DBM needed a shelf removal,to accept same. No thang with a Dremel.

I grabbed LOTSA brass from my various 224 and 243 AFI's(Turnbolt and Krunchenticker both),to foolproof mag internals,on the nominated AM steel 5rd 223 Donors. Bang the polymer feed lips away and thin the internal body portion. I heeded an internal neck datum,to preclude recoil nudges,but that might not even make a fuck,with 27grs of Lever' and an 88.9grin)

I always like to see a casehead riding at about 2/3's primer height and this NASTY Bitch do.

COAL is fucking golden and 90 Beer Cans are of course viable,in this Bart' 7" RPM.

Rather modest weight,killer balance and even with a 3-9x on board,shit's gonna happen.(grin)

I'm waiting on more 2-12x's to arrive and when they do,I'm slapping one aboard ASAP. As much for Parallax,as the Illumination,but locking turrets and a zero stop don't piss me off.

Passed (4) Bucks this morning,but mighta' caved and cracked one with this newest rifle,if'n I had it in tow.

That Kali kid is rather something else.

Hint...................(grin)

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Is the new style outlander adequately rigid for a floated barrel? I assume so based on your liking of the setup, but would appreciate your thoughts there.

My first gen one was, but was heavy as shit.

Thanks!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
New ones are STUPID light and most of the front end is simply hollowed out air. No issues whether floated or wearing tip pressure.

Ergo's work rather well for me...............

Reactions: dakotagun

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Been FLOGGING on this thing and absolutely LOVE it.

While I could certainly lean on it more,the erector is telling me right at 2750fps with Lever fueled Lapooey Virgins and 88 Smooches. DOPE is confirmed,from crown to the 1300yd line and it is a HAMMER. The consistency is simply fucking amazing.

As an aside,it sips happily from PR AICS 6BR conversions and the dedicated MDT steel 6BR mags. For them musing such things.

The Kali Kid has some SERIOUS game!....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That's a Slow Radius Gear Shifter,though some Fast Radius Shifters arrived in the Mail the other day. I'm a sucker for shucking shells and it's tough for me to let movers go. When doing so,the palm of my hand does most of the work and it's a thing of beauty.

The Burro Shifter is a whole 'nother enchilada.

Don't be in such a hurry,to fuck up concise nomenclature................

• Haha
Reactions: Painless

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I see a box in the corner,that's gotta be another pair of FFP BTR Gen2 2-12's.

Thinkin' I'll toss one aboard the latest 22PPC AFI.......................

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
My cousin (smith) has the reamer, but he pushes the 22 BR. Might go one or the other if i decide i need something heavy....

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
22br has a lot going for it on paper

i wonder what barrel life is with a case full of lever and an 88

fvck i need to make the logistic chain shorter not longer. wyoming says an 88 isn't elk fodder, probably keeps my 22cal needs in the LR and '45 sized cases.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
LOL. I'll let Santa know I want one. Maybe that fat bastard can show up early this year.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
4lb 8oz at 19"??

oh man i'm on the hunt for a 223 version

got my montucky getting sent off to pac nor for a 6br tube.

leupold backcountry rings and CWH's fx3 with m1 ele turret

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Not enough COAL in 223,to do anything worth a fuck.

Coulda killed a 7'++ BEAUTIFUL Bear with it an hour or so ago,but don't feel like sticking my knife in a Bear..............(grin)

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
ever dot a 317?

got one that only reliably ignites on SA but it'd be nice to eek a bit more precision instead of that giant front dot

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I'm thinking about a 223 in that carbon mini now myself.

I know they don't get much love here but the 77 TMK is a killing SOB and I bet it would play nice with the mag confines. If not the 75 hornady hp is a little bad ass.

Stick, did you talk to the oregon guy about COAL with his bdl setup? Do you lose anything going that way?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
2.340" is Gas Gun COAL and likely why I prefer the AFI there too.(grin)

COAL was the BDL bottom's first question and there's no hit in transition,but I've seen me confirm things..................

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I'm with you on AFI, there, but now is not the time for me to try and source cases and dies for a new round. If I went 223, its turn and burn.

I could see a grendal being rebarreled to 6arc or similar in my future though.

Did you bed yours yet?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Do as you please,I was just stating the COAL limits. Easy pass for me in 223/223AI/270.

Didn't even gawk the bedding. Was impressed how tight the action fastener screw were and dug trigger goop away a smidge and lightened it up. Then slammed it back together and have been wagin' War since.(grin)

I never looked up her skirt,but prolly shoulda'. Donors get an easier pass...................(grin)

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
74B93BF0-03B6-4A38-A3CF-194084FAE876.jpeg

been faux stalkin Grendel for a while with the bottom. Both have bdl setups from oregun. Didn’t lose any length and I’ve still never measured since the move. Barreled action from brownells and Mickey Sako classic. I don’t know if they do the inlet anymore and was regretting not buying another. Top is in a b&c and it’s a club. I’ll be carbon stalking as soon as I can find one and make it the donor as all I did was torque screws and shoot and it’s too damn good to fool with.