data-csrf="1711622805,bc14d9333451f52c768478737c88ed61" A little 2 wheel speed demon | As Real As It Gets

A little 2 wheel speed demon

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Nice R1. Grew up with a neighbor that was a Suzuki Factory Works mechanic and sponsored MX rider. Mainly dabbled in things with knobby tires, but tricked-out Italian crotch rockets have intrigued over the years. Somethin' about that throaty 90-degree V-twin sound. Although Momma would still look good in black leather, I don't see a sport touring bike in our future.

Courtesy wave....

Jim the Plumber

Apr 18, 2008
central Washington state
KodiakHntr said:
Must've been tough to lean over nuts that big so you could take a pic of the speedo while doing a buck forty four.....
LOL, I had a picture in that sequence showing 162 but it was too blurry. Hard to get out of the wind with one hand running the camera, one pinning the throttle. :cool:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I might really be into bikes,had I not nearly killed myself on my first one,in the first 10 minutes.

Still don't think I'd be smart enough to stay outta the throttle,so I don't even try.....................

The

Jul 24, 2009
Its a Secret
Big Stick said:
I might really be into bikes,had I not nearly killed myself on my first one,in the first 10 minutes.
If this isn't your life story, you haven't been on a bike, or you are doing it wrong.

Jim the Plumber

Apr 18, 2008
central Washington state
Big Stick said:
Took me a few years of riding before I did the brush with death. Cost me a kidney, broken back, busted liver and spleen, coma, etc.
The pictures, me with my daughter and a few friends, were a couple of years ago,marking 30 years from the date of the accident.State patrol on the scene said I was traveling ~80MPH when I started my skid into the white rock to the right of the power pole.

Still no respect :confused:

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
Big Stick said:
Still don't think I'd be smart enough to stay outta the throttle,so I don't even try.....................
Never nearly killed myself but knew the above to be true regarding throttle position. I spend just enough time on ATV's and the odd snow machine to realize I still don't need anything on 2 wheels that's got more power than my own legs can provide.

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
Reminds me when I first got married I told my wife I wanted a motorcycle, she said fine. Some time later I mentioned I wanted a fast bike, and I'd ride it fast, suddenly she wasn't supportive of me having a scoot. Probably one of the reasons I'm still alive today.

If we had a road racing track up here I could see getting into racing, but there are too many idiots on the roads, and our roads vary from bad the worse.

The cruiser concept just doesn't do it for me.