data-csrf="1713606925,4902de68be64541b027a00d11dcd6757" Airgun scope... | As Real As It Gets

Airgun scope...

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
First off I don’t know shit about airgun optics other than the old wives tale that they “need” to be airgun rated.

Have heard or read that the springer guns will kill regular rifle scopes in short order. Does his also apply to the multiple pump guns out there? Just acquired a Benjamin 392S and would like to add a low power variable to it.

Looking for a simple scope, don’t need anything tactical or high powered.

Last edited:

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
The concern I always heard was for springers with the piston recoil impulse, no pneumatics. Makes sense to me. I'd be looking for a scope with close range parallax adjustment and very large erector travel if I was thinking of shooting out past 50 yards.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Springers chew up scopes quick alright. Its due to the reverse recoil impact of the piston hitting the front of the air chamber recoiling the gun forward after it has already started to recoil backwards from the spring release.
Multipump guns don’t have that issue.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Haven’t found a scope that trips my trigger yet so I went the red dot route.
Mounted a Romeo 5 on top of a Dennis Baker mount. With the stocks high comb it puts the eye perfectly inline with the dot.

Haven’t had a chance to wring it out accuracy wise....