data-csrf="1711661081,5b26f9f884e9d212557f3ce0788a3157" any Cummins guys out there? | As Real As It Gets

any Cummins guys out there?

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
I've got a bad lift pump on a '04 Dadge 2500 Cummins. There are tons of aftermarket options, but I'm looking for some actual been there, done that feedback. Truck is stock, and is going to stay that way, so no need for a monster upgrade- just better longevity.

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
I have no hands on Dodge feedback, however call Mike at

http://nolimitfabrication.com/

He has helped me out before and really knows his stuff. He can certainly give you the straight scoop on what to use. They carry and sell way more than what's on their web site.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
How many miles did you get out of the OEM one? Oh, wait... I mean... "how many meters?".

I've never lost one, so am inclined to stay with stock, but haven't looked at the price difference. Adding filtration is always recommended, but no first hand experience there.

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Apparently they went to an in tank pump in '05. '03-'04 have a pump mounted on the back of the water seperator housing. Going to go with a direct oem replacement to get rolling, but will continue to research a better mousetrap. Original went 136K miles.

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
I had to replace a lift pump on a 99. The fuel injection shop I deal with got one directly from Cummins at half the price the dodge dealership wanted. The plug was different, heard there were pigtail adaptors to make it work but I had pins for the bosch plug so I used the plug off the old pump.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Stock one is fine. If the injector pump was starved by the failing lift pump it may fail soon so watch for that. Have friends with Fass and Airdog. If you go that route make sure the shop doesn't mount it on the frame rail with the filters hanging down looking to get nocked off. Stock lift pump is around $300 installed here if its the firewall mounted unit.