data-csrf="1711692258,4c84a26b46d6cf5fc7472a6fb07d529c" Anybody Love 3-9x Burris Handgun Scopes?............. | As Real As It Gets

Anybody Love 3-9x Burris Handgun Scopes?.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Silver and Posilock. If you are guilty,shout and I will make you a "pretty good" deal.

Hint...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Don't MAKE me post pictures!

Includes S/S 3-hole DD/STD Reupold S/S 1pc mount and 1" rings(obviously)..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Talked sense into the hungriest Shark.

Don't linger and make me set it on a stump and go Gunny Carlos on it!.................(grin)

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Burris pistol scope are kind of a cruel joke.....

They’re the best thing going for handguns while being complete shit. That coming from someone who owns 8-10 of them....

The 3-9s had a nasty habit of the turret completely unscrewing when trying to make an adjustment. Burris used to send a 2-7 as a replacement, don’t know now if they even support them anymore.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Neck sized Virgin Lapooey's,throwed 36.0grs of IMR-4064 atop a 200 and kissed 50gr V-Max...into trio's touching at 100yds.

Gonna keep magnification at 6x tops,for the extry eye-relief.

Prolly gonna be a 1-7" 6BR.................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Do you have any specs on the reamer you’ll use for the 6br?

Gonna have one rebarreled next spring in the same chambering and twist.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Do you have any specs on the reamer you’ll use for the 6br?

Gonna have one rebarreled next spring in the same chambering and twist.

XP? Mid-Grip or Rear Bitch? Single shot or Repeater? Boolit(s) of interest?

Or a rifle?

If mine were a Rear Bitch,I'd build it receiver diameter and just pound shit with it. No sense in my tossing the MacaMillion away and starting over,so I'll heed the OEM contour's confines.

Was thinking about a Vudoo XP Repeater today,in 22LR...................(grin)

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Rem 700, likely single shot unless I can get a factory box to work. Stock is a Manners T5A. Profile will either be a Sendero or M24. Strictly a paper puncher.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
McMillan really dropped the ball on the XP repeater stocks. The last time I refurbished my 308 I fixed the front end to accommodate a fatter tube.

These stocks would have been perfect with a A3 forend.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm fairly certain Kelly & Crew gave Big Green EXACTLY what they asked for. Then Kelly simply added more meat up front,for more contour and offered that pattern(the OEM pattern initially being a bitch to get from McMillan). 'Course they upsized the Mid-Grip too and offered it,but they don't miss much.

On a 6BR rifle,AICS DBM is THE foolproof path and one I'd certainly go on a Heavy Play Toy.............

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
You’re right, likely Remingtons doings.
I used to buy the repeater stocks from Numrich for $150. I’d put a paint job on them and trip them for 250. Those days are long gone though.
The only other McM rear grip stocks that I’m aware of were for the single shots mainly geared for the BR guys.

I just can’t warm up to dbm on a bolt gun. It will always be an option if I decide I need a quick follow up shot on a paper target.....😃

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You could opt a Repeater in the Rear Gripped Big Bitch,from Kelly.

DBM just simply has NO equal for feed/function and very often just happens to contend OEM COAL plights.

Win/Win..............

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
You could always stick that XP into a MDT chassis and have a fatter barrel and dbm without any issues, just don’t put a butt stock on it. If I ever do another rear grip that’s where I’ll be going.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You could always stick that XP into a MDT chassis and have a fatter barrel and dbm without any issues, just don’t put a butt stock on it.

Pistoles can cross to a Rifle...but a Rifle receiver can NOT cross to a Pistole.

XP Receivers are worth more,due that constant..............

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Yep, fully aware of that. I was assuming you using the same length barrel as factory.
When I had the XP above done I had a Accurate Innovations stock fitted for it, haven’t had it in rifle form for a long time.

What length barrel you gonna use?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Were I to rebarrel an XP in 22-250 for a MDT Chassis,I wouldn't go 14" x 14"!

Coming full circle with the OEM XP 22-250...I'd simply dupe both contour and length,while reducing case capacity and adding RPM. Less noise,less recoil and more performance.

I'm in LOVE with the .224" 88 ELD and 90 Beer Cans,but simply believe there is some SINISTER Inherent MoJo in the 6BR case design in issued guise and can't not LOVE the bitch...........

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
6br is a perfect handgun round. I’ve had this one since ‘95 though it has morphed from a front grip to this Brown Precision rear grip. It’s a 8 twist and 14.5”. When it was in the front grip stock it had to make weight at the Masters so you couldn’t have any excess weight. The barrel is skinny and the receiver has been lightened.

I modified a ADL trigger guard and filled in the gap behind the trigger guard to purity it up a bit.

I left the barrel channel open as I always figured the spout would get changed to something heavier.

H322 and 105Amaxes are magic in it

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've a few Seven AICS DBM's and would slam one in there and simply build a "barrier wall" up front.

The brake would be flying off a fucking cliff...with the Burris tethered!..................(grin)

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
The MCS-CP was designed in a joint venture with Vapor Trail Bullets to be a long range hunting/competition pistol platform. This stock will accept any Remington-based 700 short or XP-100/Seven based action and barrels up to 1.25” straight.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
I haven’t handled one of the Manners yet. I didn’t know they were compatible with the Seven size action thought they were 700 SA / clone only.

Reactions: 7mmMato2

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I know you boys cuss Burris, but..
Back when I made less I bought and used a Fullfield 2 with ballistic reticle. Scope tagged some decent critters. As I upgraded I put it on my FIL’s 300wsm. This year he brought it to camp with a dent in the objective bell and by the end it had fogged inside.
Sent it to Burris to see what they thought and they are sending a new one. That’s a 15+ year old scope.
Aparently they meant it when they said “forever”.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Fullfields are better than Signatures,but I've failed more than a few of each,while trying to be NICE to the fucking things. They are simply pieces of schit.

Only Burris would PosiLock a scope they offered wearing Turrets,the DUMB fuckers................