data-csrf="1711671244,d8103f7bb39aca30982fd4d14a053f8c" Anybody running Swaro 15x56 or 12x50's? | As Real As It Gets

Anybody running Swaro 15x56 or 12x50's?

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
I have a pair of 8x Geovids I love, but the Sig Kilo is so far out in front, I've been contemplating going with a different bino. Was out shooting a few weeks ago and a buddy brought his 15x56 Swaro's on a tripod and I'm super impressed. Talking to him about it and he suggested looking at the 12x50's as well which seems like it would work out better for a hand held view.

Kinda on the fence at this point and would like to hear others opinions. Once Sig comes up with a RF Bino with an on demand reticle I'll switch over.

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the 10 geovids and kowa spotter but have used the 15x56 swaros. We do a lot of glassing here and I've been thinking of trying the 20x? Vortex binos off a tripod and ditching the spotter.

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Can't get excited about anything with Vortex written on it. Of course, I'd have said the same thing about Swarovski a couple weeks ago.

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
I just upgraded to 15x56 HD's from NEU SLC's. The biggest difference to me is that the HD's have a noticeably wider FOV and a long enough eye relief to now be comfortably used with glasses.

My primary binocs are 8x45 Victory RF's, if I spot something that needs further investigation I reach for the 15's, then the spotter if I need more detail.

okbow87

Jan 2, 2013
OKC, OK
I have the newest generation of 15's. They are awesome and I pretty much only pull out the spotter if/when something needs a closer examination.

If you are wanting to use them as a hand hold bino, 12x50 is the much better option. 15's are tripod mounted only for me.

WRO

Oct 8, 2009
Cuando said:
I have a pair of 8x Geovids I love, but the Sig Kilo is so far out in front, I've been contemplating going with a different bino. Was out shooting a few weeks ago and a buddy brought his 15x56 Swaro's on a tripod and I'm super impressed. Talking to him about it and he suggested looking at the 12x50's as well which seems like it would work out better for a hand held view.

Kinda on the fence at this point and would like to hear others opinions. Once Sig comes up with a RF Bino with an on demand reticle I'll switch over.
I have run them both, the 12x50 els with a tripod adapter wins every time for me. Better FOV, you can still hand hold them, they do colors and texture better, and you don't need 2 sets of glass as the 15s are a PIA to hand hold.