data-csrf="1713873257,8a998eafdaa024d6c4a2a8baafea7045" Anybody Shoot EC Tuners For Rimfire?................ | As Real As It Gets

Anybody Shoot EC Tuners For Rimfire?................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just ordered direct,if only for R&D aboard my beegest Vudoo. I shoot Harrell's on a few,but tend to like barrel lengths which aren't the friendliest Tuner Hosts. Leverage being the equation,if only obviously. Unbraked.

I'm not gonna expect Stingers to shoot .25 MOA at 200yds,but will throw more than a bit of lead at the project.

Any Believers?

I'm a borderline Dissenter,but will be as fucking fair as I can,on a 18" MTU Bart'(for starters).

Thoughts,from you fucks who can score ALL the good ammo?1?..............(grin)

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
nope, i just used shims on a heavy muzzle brake until the groups tightened up on cci standard on the t1x

stupid how many hits in a row you can get in windy wyoming at 400 with it. mv spread hurts it more then anything.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I've got an ATS that I've tried to like.

There are days where it really impresses...and then the next time out...not so much...

I don't take it off and make sure the set screw is tight...but the next time at the range, the groups are nothing like they were when I set it the time before.

I've even tried it with just the thread protector holding it on and other times with a suppressor on, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

The concept makes sense but for some reason, I can't get consistency with it.

I've got to take some time and see what I can do with some known lots but so far...it's been a bust for me.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
What barrel(s) does your ATS ride? Length/contour?

I'm going into this open minded,as a Hater,on the "wrong" platform.............(grin)

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I've only tried it on one of my Vudoo's.

It's got a 20" Bart with the Kukri contour.

I've wondered if the biggest benefit from one of these might be taking some of the non-match ammo and helping it out...

Although I can't see how a tuner can account for huge velocity swings...

Hopefully, you can figure it out. I'd love to get consistent results and the tuner concept ain't new, so it's more than likely me and my screwups!

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I don't know much about tuners but I sent a pretty damn rough Annie 54 to Chesebro some years back and he did his thing, chopped the barrel, set it back and rechambered it and gave it a check up.

He called me after it was done and said he wasn't completely happy with the groups it was producing after the work and said he would like to add a tuner at no cost. It settled that rifle down a bunch and it also seems to help when I switch lots of ammo. A little dialing on the tuner and I can usually tighten it up.

It won't turn wildcats into center x but it does seem to help

I'm curious to see what you think about it, Stick.

Tide, you know 22s as good as anyone, keep fiddling wirh it and report back

Reactions: Rolltide

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'll start opening mail in the morning and go for a Test Drive.

Drug another S/S 700 Donor home and I'll prolly fuck up and shoot it...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Caught some nice conditions yesterday morning,for 100yd tuning.

#14 from full closed,for now.

To be continued..............