data-csrf="1711637221,c4db7dec5e5b9baec3b5a3ad6feab725" Anybody spring flinging? | As Real As It Gets

Anybody spring flinging?

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Our spring turkey season opened yesterday, got out to enjoy the day. Beautiful day, started out at about 30* with clear skies. A lot of gobbling on the roost but things got quiet when they flew down.

Had these two young bucks come strolling though, they could not have cared less about my blind. Both went by at about 10’.

Birds were quiet, couldn’t get much of a reaction to my calling. Finally got an answer later in afternoon. Had 3 toms come in and give me a shot.

Nice way to cap a relaxing day…

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Taking the kids bear hunting/boat camping this weekend. Pretty good chance I will have a rodeo on my hands. Grin

want one to eat and get the kids broke in for water/beach ops for this fall’s deer camp. Might not be too picky.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I set a month aside,just for it. A couple of the boys from work,arrive Saturday.

Can't quit fishin',thus far.....................

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
  • Deleted by raghornjp
Show…

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Only spring flinging so far has been a bunch of gophers. Boat makes its first outing on the fifth. Picked up an uncle Norms dolphin fin for the kicker hoping it makes my boat track a bit more true in the wind. Oh and the daughter killed her first gopher the other day. Didn't know she had kill in her she's always been pretty soft but was like a fiend for the hunt so that will be encouraged.
Size 11.5 muck Boot for comparison with that booner Richardson ground squirrel 😜

Attachments

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I passed on spring snowmachine bears to stay home and work on shit. Got word today of a supposed 9 footer. Damn it. Oh well, at least a bear got killed.

Reactions: Rolltide

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Seen one decent bear be we didn’t get him. Apparently they don’t like the sound of my anchor winch. Grin. Eating off trees. Not much green yet but that’s fixing to change quick. Sounds like the guys hurt the kings this weekend.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Will be up there to fling the 6th through the 13th. Poking around for a bear for my buddy. Probably try for some trout and chinook as well.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
First day was 20+ Steelhead(Hen Chromer on first cast) and saw (7) Bears and they should of killed (2),but got usede. One of them,got good DOPE on his Suppressed Vudoo to 550yds,with Center-X.

Typical Anchorage "Quick Draw" shit,with lots of hooks in trees and missed opportunities an non stop laughs. It was repeated a thousand times..."BEST day EVER!". Ran them from 4:00 AM and did'nt get home until after 10:00PM. Spring Flingin' will wear a brother out.

GOOD times................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Thus far,only (1) lost wallet and only burned (1) backtracing to no avail.(grin)

Only broke down (1) boat(impeller) and received (1) tow home.(grin)

Laughs are offa the fucking charts and someone needs to hit the DMV today to try to conjure ID to travel and I need to talk to Chet about parts,or just buy new. Hope to have that all wrapped by Noon,but businesses operate at "unique" hours here,with the DMV only (3) days a week.

EVERYONE wants a Mini Carbon 6ARC for some reason................(grin)

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I sure want a mini carbon 6ARC.
And apparently I'm the last guy without a suppressor.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Thus far,only (1) lost wallet and only burned (1) backtracing to no avail.(grin)

Only broke down (1) boat(impeller) and received (1) tow home.(grin)

Laughs are offa the fucking charts and someone needs to hit the DMV today to try to conjure ID to travel and I need to talk to Chet about parts,or just buy new. Hope to have that all wrapped by Noon,but businesses operate at "unique" hours here,with the DMV only (3) days a week.

EVERYONE wants a Mini Carbon 6ARC for some reason................(grin)
Damn fine looking rifle right there!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nawwwwww...mufflers ain't my gig,but the boys brought toys. I', in no hurry to make my favorite shit,longer or less handy...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Obviously.(grin)

There were more than a few things learned and double 'latches are THE first.

I shoot simply...and simply shoot. That constant ain't very "fair"..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
New impeller and thermostat weren't the cure,which means core. Was hoping to stab a new 115 Yammie and 9.9 kicker on stern,but Chet doesn't have a short shaft. Torn on adding 5" to transom,or just going Merc'. My heart wants Yamaha.

My heart bleeds Yamaha,so I'd wager a welder enters the equation.

Throwed the boys on a Northbound yesterday late afternoon and we were catching fish to the bitter end. Only saw 42 Bears.

Fucking EPIC.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Got lucky and Chet found a 115 Yamaha for me. It will be in tonight and he'll hang it tomorrow and I'll be back to being bullet proof................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hard to break a 115 yamaha.

Do your oil changes and your grandkid will be running it.

Never even turned the key,but will flog on it next pass and hit it's first sceduled service,then play with props. Chet really took care of me and like everyone else,I'm missing him before he's gone.

Don't know what I was thinking and should have had him hang a new 9.9 too. No fuel,plenty of performance and bulletproof aren't attributes that are tough to like.

I should probably take six weeks off for The Rut,to celebrate...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
He highlighted the Manual for me,which made me grin.

I've heard the same thing about chainsaws too,just never done it!.................