data-csrf="1713517988,f4881accf9fbda4f94d12c41edbfafca" Anyone having any summer fun? | As Real As It Gets

Anyone having any summer fun?

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Have been fortunate enough to be able to get into some decent lake perch.

It’s been a couple years since I had time to run the game cams out at the farm. The turkeys have been around all spring/summer. They have been spotty in years past, can’t say why their populations vary so much.

I was very concerned about the kill off that happened on this farm last year but thankfully there seems to be a decent population this year. Haven’t seen any older age class animals but there is still some good stock running around.

Reactions: Oatmealsavage82

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
We’ve been out and about some
Kings have been pretty good
Caught 29 one day with the kids
Limit yesterday and six more this morning
Dropped off 80 pounds with the local smoker this afternoon so should be set with garlic pepper smoked king for a while

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Good lord, 80# of salmon would last me 10yrs.......

Waiting for the steelhead to show up here, I would like one big one for the smoker.

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
We generally go thru about 40 pounds a year when it’s all said and done
We eat a good bit and also usually gift some
Probably gift a little more than usual this year

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Was slammed on the 4th when THE Caribou Herd passed through and missed it. Some White and Brown Bears milling about and that never sucks.

Fish and Venison on the menu,this next R&R.

Pretty rough...................(grin)

Jacintocal

Aug 1, 2020
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Weather has been grey/overcast with rather poor light. Missed an opportunity at a Russian Fightin' Eagle,with my long lens.

Don't see them that often..................

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I've been fishing quite a bit the past two weeks with my dad and a couple of uncles. We put quite a hurt on the halibut and silvers.

We caught so many fish, they needed TWO tractors to pull us up the beach.....that's my version of the story, anyway.

I'm really happy with the new twins. They are demonstrating better fuel economy and MUCH more mid-range torque than the 15-year-old Yamahas they replaced.

We have taken advantage a few nice weather windows, and got the whole gang involved.

Logan is showing more interest in cutting fish, so we got him started on skinning halibut fillets.

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
It's been a nice summer in these parts though my summers have gotten to be the busiest time of the year. I did finish working on my LTD 550, at least as far as I'm going to take it.
ltd.PNG

Also remodeled my 223AI. I had this stock on a 1-8" 243, which was a waste of an M5 DBM. What a mess. When bedding the 223ai in the stock the first go around, my bedding started getting stiff as I was applying it. I'm very comfortable with the material I use and chocked it up to being an open container that was just too warm. I've had it take a while to set, but not get hard during the deed. Fail... Ground it out and re-start. It ended up alright and will be better off feeding it with accurate mag 5 rounders from here on out.
223ai.PNG

Reactions: Oatmealsavage82

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
IMG-20200721-WA0004.jpg
Well Jimmy 808 made a trip down and finally went on my boat for the first time (only owned it 6 years) and we got into a few walleye and a couple pike. Fished until 1 in the am, was a fun day.
IMG-20200721-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200721-WA0005.jpg

Reactions: Armed Ferret

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Summer to not remember. Haha. Actually it was pretty good. Rain/wind left a lot to desired. Everyone showed up. 3 more groups and I am done. No coho trolling unless things change.

Good summer, going boat shopping.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm glad to see SE,finally having SE Weather.(grin)

Had a boat picked out,but didn't realize how long the wait is to get a slip(5yrs). Didn't wanna play The Transient Slip Game,get ready to go to work and not have a place to tie up.

There should be some SCREAMING deals on both boats and Permits this Winter and first quarter.................

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Definitely not the alpine hunting I remember.... lots of wolf tracks on the trails going up and down the mountains too. See what the rut brings.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
It’s gonna get uglier. Granted it’s burning off up top And most deer ain’t eating up top anymore, but we hit 4 bigger mountains. 7 being the most bucks we saw on one particular mountain and 1 being the least. Two mountains were being worked hard by wolves in an area that’s supposed to have low wolf numbers. Two of them had high doe numbers which was encouraging.

Guy is gonna have to get crafty anymore to make it happen even for the meat bucks.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Woofs are everywhere,because there isn't anywhere they can't get to.

Everyone needs to open a fresh can of Ruthlessness and simply correct what's amiss.................