data-csrf="1711641319,64215ebfe6b0e02017cf28311262634b" Anyone N50? | As Real As It Gets

Anyone N50?

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Nearby range is going to be hosting some N50 competitions in the near future. Contemplating Sportsman RF. Any pro tips from our resident experts?

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Got the skinny at today's intro. Seems the N50 match was the brainchild of Mike Niksch, the maker of Thomas air rifles as modern PCP's and slippery slugs were able to competitively match up against 22rf in BR matches. Rules and official target adjusted accordingly.

The faithful old 541-T saddled with a 10X MMQ really liked the SK Standard fodder that Certifiable indicated favored his Voodoo. The red label Match, not so much so I shot the 25 bull sheet with the former and was pleased with the number of X's and overall outcome for my less than impressive rest/bag setup and tricky winds across the berms. Pushed a few rounds through a gent's tethered, .22 Thomas BR clamped into a one piece rest and was seriously impressed with what was revealed on the official N50 target. He was using his own swaged slugs and the rest used a cammed lever for windage and large knurled knob for elevation. Told him he was cheating. Splattered a moving fly at 50 yards with another friend's RAW HM-1000x in .25, doping both windage and the fly's stroll across the paper.

First match is next month and should be just as much fun. I'll hang some pixels afterwards. Outdoor field target is next w/e....

Last edited:

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Laffin'.

Will avoid temptation, go easy on the pocket book and will focus on using what's already in the larder. So to answer your ?, probably a brick or two of SK Std. and that's about it. First box opened and I poked a hasty 5-round group at one of the sheet's sighter bulls that measured a scant 3/16" c-c. Don't think there'd be much improvement with a new Voodoo. *grin*

I'll see if the gent with the 1-piece rest will let me shoot a target sheet (of 25 bulls) off it with the 541 just to see what both it and I can do. Had a respectable 11X (clipping the 0.5mm dot bull) out of 25 for a first run off my old rest and leather bag, forgetting to bump the stock's fore-end against the rest's stop a couple of times so the sling stud likely moved POI a tad. At next month's match, I'll get there early and set up next to the two guys with 3 wind vanes in their lanes to slide wind mo' better and harass the competition....

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
So much for a brick, much less a box, of SK Std. +. OOS everywhere I oggled.

I truly savvy the appeal of an Annie or a 'doo but there are other priorities for my time and $$ for the time being. Would love to fondle a 'doo but that would likely be an expensive mistake. I remain an admirer of your rf collection and will abide by the 541 in the interim. Regardless of the launcher, 22rf is just plain fun....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Champ's choice is worth a call,as they don't keep a "live" inventory online,so as to curtail scalpers.

A GOOD 22LR is a cheap investment,when looked upon on the long run. A guy really can't afford NOT to!...............

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Obliged. I'll give a them a shout.

As someone has said before, good shit sells itself. You've long been a bad influence on my checking account.... *grin*

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
OOS there too. James was not optimistic about seeding his SK inventory in the near future. Might have to negotiate trade goods with some of our resident hoarders....