data-csrf="1713594246,d2e19c4e5ccaa0bd91e59b54deffb852" Anyone?....................... | As Real As It Gets

Anyone?.......................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Nope, no Howas for me, I did however stumble into a NIB 700ADL 243 for next to nothing. Gotta figure out now what to do with it.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I jumped on one.
Hard to go wrong for that price.

I have a vanguard takeoff to put it in for the time being, if it does its thing I'll order a Mcmillan for it I guess

Reactions: go ahead

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Should have a 8" RPM Howage 7-08 throated for a 180 Smooch at 2.915" waiting on the porch....................

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
Same here I ordered one and will use the vanguard take off when the McMillan comes in for the howa. Will scope around Black Friday and like mentioned if it shoots like most do will order a McMillan Sako Hunter for it too.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The PBB 8" 7-08 Howage is installed and it's a nice parcel.

Already folks here cryin' the blues,that they lingered on the 7.5" RPM 243 Kreed's................(grin)

Firth

Feb 1, 2015
On the subject of Howas....

I picked up an MDT LSS a couple years ago during a sale for an old stainless Howa that I have. Trouble was, it was a 24-inch heavy barrel varmint model saami slow-twist 22-250. Balance was crap so I started thinking a rebarrel was in order. But then I picked up a KRG Bravo over a black Friday sale, and the balance was perfect. Still thinking a rebarrel is in order but now leaning towards a heavy 7mm-08 similar to Stick's. I'd been looking at Criterion and McGowen, and leaning Criterion since people seems to love them. Hadn't seen preferred, I'll have to check them out.

Saw the cheap 6 Creeds when they were in stock and thought pretty hard for putting in the original MDT Stock. Held off because what I really want is an older 223's from before they came out with the mini action to drop in the MDT. They were standard short actions weren't they? Twist would be wrong (minus a barrel swap), but it seems like it would fit the lightweight MDT pretty slick.