data-csrf="1714016227,daedac6e8acd2020e5d6cf3316beaade" Arken sh4 who's fucked with em? | As Real As It Gets

Arken sh4 who's fucked with em?

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Oats', I've got two of them a 4-16 and the 6-24, one on my 6BR the other on my 264 Creed' both rifles proven tack drivers before the Arkens where mounted and I've tried to trip up their erectors playing whirl n twirl but they keep stacking bullets. Reticle is in sync with erectors also, granted there not on boomers nor is the round count obscene yet, but the fuckers just do what you tell them to do... Shaking my head at what the chinks can build as my Athlon helos gen 2 2-12x42 is AMAZING also.....

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
Shaking my head at what the chinks can build as my Athlon helos gen 2 2-12x42 is AMAZING also.....
Yep...it's all about what the company will pay for and accept for quality.

As evidenced by Athlon, the quality is a requirement and the product shows it. I do know that Athlon does an incoming Q.C. check at their head quarters in Kansas before shipping product to the distributors.

Good shootin' -Al

Reactions: ridgeline

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
I must say that Athlon is proof that Chinesium can work when built to the right specs. I have 2 Cronus Binos a Cronus spotter and a Helos. I’d take a chance on Arken from what I’ve read so far. Unfortunately it is the interwebs and hard to believe who shoots enough to believe.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I prefer it's(10) Mil turrets,but that's it.

I'll always take a fixed comb and a 56mm objective,typically doesn't play nice with same. The 5-25x weighs more(4 ounces or so),has less erector travel and there's nothing in the fleet,where the "glass" is in another league.

There's not a shot to be made with one,that another won't allow....................

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Well i pulled the trigger on a EPL 4-16 x44 today. Plan is to use it for killing glass on my 20 extreme for coyotes. Will update with my findings next week when it arrives.

RiverOtter

Dec 20, 2007
B.C.
Well i pulled the trigger on a EPL 4-16 x44 today. Plan is to use it for killing glass on my 20 extreme for coyotes. Will update with my findings next week when it arrives.
Those goofy things keep getting cheaper, so it's harder and harder to stop ordering more. Haha.
Just picked up my EPL 6-24 X 50 in the mail last night.

Where did you get yours?
Prophet is all out again.... grin

RiverOtter

Dec 20, 2007
B.C.
Also, curious to know what ring height you're running. Assuming pic rail and Sporter/Mtn barrel.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Just got home with the Arken. All I can say is WOW! I payed 600 canadian pesos to my door and im going to have to do a side by side with my nx8 because i think this glass is damned near as good. If these things are as mechanically solid as you guys claim (if stick doesnt fuck it up then i deffinately wont) this one is going to multiply!

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
The sh4j 6-24 deffinately shows the limits of the glass at the top end of the mag spectrum. Dialed back to 18ish power it still looks pretty good but seems to wash out from there up.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Just saw the Zulus. Holy shit that's a lot of machine for the money! Maybe the NV ship has finally arrived.

I mean, I have no actual use for one, but....

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
Just saw the Zulus. Holy shit that's a lot of machine for the money! Maybe the NV ship has finally arrived.

I mean, I have no actual use for one, but....
Curious how it compares with the Sighmark Wraith and the ATN X-Sight 4K.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Interested in hearing a report on the 1-8.
The nightforce with dmx reticle is outstanding for 14 ounces. But I don't need another mortgage payment sitting on top of a rifle.

Reeeeealy wish it was mil based.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
Interested in hearing a report on the 1-8.
The nightforce with dmx reticle is outstanding for 14 ounces. But I don't need another mortgage payment sitting on top of a rifle.

Reeeeealy wish it was mil based.
What Nightforce is 14oz??

Fc-Dmx with exposed .1 mil turrets on a 1-7 would be tiddies

Too bad Nightforce can’t do reticles on their other offerings

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
The nx8 is good scope if you run ur eye relief in tight and not at the back end of the eyebox. And get it up at 1.93” and it’s fun fun.

That said the vortex razor gen 2 e is still my favorite lpvo for what at lpvo is good at.

Wish I had the razor on the rifle right now instead of the aimpoint. Think we’ll get it done but regs are regs.

RiverOtter

Dec 20, 2007
B.C.
How many Arken ELP's is that Reupold stateside?
Curious to hear thoughts/comparisons once you start driving it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm luke warm on the Trijicon 1-8x,though The 'Horn is warmer than that.

Shooting it yesterday,I went as far as pulling it off and removing the fore base fastener to see if it was touching the 'shank,KNOWING it wasn't,but grasping at a straw. It in fact wasn't,but I took a file to it anyway,if only to cheer myself up.(grin)

I rattled 40rds through it yesterday,then stopped on the way home and grabbed a can of the Hornie 230gr ELD X's. Their .616 BC appeals and I'm thinking 2650fps should be a breeze,in formed cases. My form loads were soft,by design,but fun to shoot.

Original impetus was 250 Skinners.

Since I loaded the initial Form Loads,I installed a longer COAL 'box and tweeked guts in general. It is a better platform now. Long way of saying,let me shoot some formed case throttled up 230 Hornie ELD Smooches,to finalize a 1-8x Trijicon opinion. It's a treat on said platform,due very generous eye-relief and the reticle makes sense,with killer illumination.

I've been banging away on some ARKEN 4-16x LW's and they are amazingly fucking SOLID.

Haven't shot the ARKEN 1-8x yet,but like it from a finger fuck...................