data-csrf="1713508296,2cd2c3b83b2e51497596df4daa9fe81e" Arken sh4 who's fucked with em? | As Real As It Gets

Arken sh4 who's fucked with em?

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Just tossed some batteries in the zulus pretty neat. A little fussy on the focus ring but looks decent for a video scope in the day light, will have to blow up some gophers with it and shoot video

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
So turns out blowing snow in IR light is about as hard to see through as it is with your headlights, will have to wait for this snow to quit before i will get a good night look through it. Did go and clear my basement last night with it the 5x low range is a bit much for cqb.... laughin

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Curious to hear more about it.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a zulus. Not sure what I'll use it for but it sounds cool

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Had another go tonight, can see power poles 3/4 of a mile away and my neighbors houses/buildings a half mile off at 5x with decent resolution. In my barnyard there is enough ambient light to use the day mode at night and see perfectly clearly. I am impressed so far.

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
  • Deleted by tnv
Show…

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Played with it a bit more got the rifle zeroed which was pretty painless and then went and shot a gopher and missed a crow on video. The video to me is very impressive. Snow melted the other day and the ir light was necessary but illuminates probably 300 plus yards out. Again for the cost i am very impressed with this unit. I will have to get video on my next gopher safari with it.

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
I spent a week playing with it hog hunting and shooting in daylight. At night, the IR light is good to about 300 yards. It's more usable out to 200 and starts losing ability the farther out. A coyote cannon light can change that. Reticle for me is best on yellow. Battery life on the 18650 is good. Putting the scope in sleep mode is somewhat cumbersome. Shake awake would've been a better approach.

The one-shot zero on the app sucks ass due to the use of a white font for X and Y coordinates. You can't see it if the screen is frozen on a grass background.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Only thing holding me back on the zulu is the zoom starts too high. I wish it was a 2-8 or even a fixed 3.

Y'all having issues finding near object at night?
My primary use is 50-100 yard chicken coop vermin. Current offering seems a bit over zoomed IMO