data-csrf="1711727660,b4d48fb78c773fc73ccb4966ab26a8c6" Barkin' ARKEN 4-16x Mil/Mil LW............. | As Real As It Gets

Barkin' ARKEN 4-16x Mil/Mil LW.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just got done airing it out and a couple/few thoughts pop into mind.

1) The reticle is FINE
2) It's tough to get behind

Mechanically it's SUPERB,like every other I've got or shot. Rallied through the erector,zoom and parallax and it shot to my expectations for the platform...which is just plain silly stupid good. Mounted it with a Bob 25MOA 1913 rail and it only had 18 Mil's of remaining erector,from a 50yd zero. That's nothing on the scope,but all on the mounting system. 'Horn's would cure that.

Compared to it's 34mm cousin,of like zoom.

Sooooooo...due #1 and #2,I can't see ii as a Utility Glass,nor a Killing Glass,but it will frost a Play Toy. I'll await my 2nd to arive,but won't be ordering anymore. Might go aboard my Retard Kimber 1-14" 223 Old School Bitch,for giggles.

FYI...............

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I tried to get reticle pics,but couldn't pull it off. Will try again tomorrow.

That being said,I REALLY like the 34mm 4-16's for Play Toys. I'm thinking the difference in picking things up,is the lack of the "tree" scale. It's akin to a funnel and directs the eye to center.

MUCH faster/easier to resolve,in direct comparison...............

Last edited:

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Thanks for the report 'Stick, but DAMN I didn't want to hear that about the reticle nor will anyone else I'd imagine, given my intent is for a killing rig !!

Hopefully they will listen and offer a revised version with a more bold reticle.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Lemme BACK this train up. I swapped rifles,just because I'm curious by nature. Likely a pun intended.

With the platform swap,the scope literally came ALIVE. Everything optical,is wayyyyyyyyy fucking better and faster. The only thing I can figure,is that I was MPAJ yesterday,fighting shit I wasn't fully aware of,wit a platform likely not suited to Fastitude.(grin)

So initial coments ride,but I am happier than fuck,to have found THE Cure!................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The 'Horn is still gonna HATE the reticle.(grin)

TOUGH to whoop a 2-12x BTR Gen2 Mil/Mil there...................

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Cool !! I'm glad to hear the swap to a well balanced platform improved the initial concern. Now I just have to hurry up and wait for mine to land.

Ohhhh we are definitely all on the same page in regard to the most fucking magnificent 2-12x BTR Gen2 Mil/Mil...

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
The 'Horn will come around... grin. Hurcules is a cute little bruiser, I was GK'ing last weekend they sure make for wonderful times.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Everyone is subject to what their eyes see and the fine reticles aren't for him,which I understand.

As a Peace Offering,he did have a 2-12x in tow aboard a new rifle.

Laughing!...............

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Yep, My eyes while still good, ain't quite like they use to be. Now don't be leaving us hanging on the details of the 'Horns new rig Sir...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That's his story.

Rushed to catch early morning calm conditions and the Hummer is HAPPY. I started off VERY unhappy and couldn't figure out WTF. Then I remembered my Ocular wasn't taped,because I knew The 'Horn' would wanna see for himself and our blinkers are different. I could adjust parallax out,but remembered my whirling on it,before I handed it to him. Pretty funny!

The Aged long barreled Annie,enjoyed the nice atmospherics,as I threw 5 hasty rounds through it at 100yds.

Should mention that windage rides a spline and that never pisses me off.

Confirmed DOPE and shit be DASTARDLY...............

Reactions: ridgeline

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
20” #2 Liljah 8t 6CM installed by Shaen that I put in a Grayboe trekker.
Used their bottom metal with mdt mag
Haven’t even shot it yet but I’ll bet it will shine .
Fairly handy feeling stock all in all
Should be a good play toy

Reactions: ridgeline

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Thanks for the build details 'Horn', sounds like a handy dandy killing rig for sure ! a young pard has a Trekker inbound. I've only got the Terrain and Phoenix and they rock in their given applications...

Glad you got things sorted and squared away this morning !!! Until the penny drops, those WTF situations suck. grin

Annies a hammer and all the Hummer talk has made me realize it's been a few years since I've owned one.... Thanks for the nudge, a 17 Hummer will be inbound shortly. Gotta love a happy ending.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Coming full circle and in comparison.

ARKEN 30mm LW 4-16x Mil/Mil subtension values.

BTR Gen 2-12x Mil/Mil values.

So the fine stadia on the 12x is nearly 3x more bold. 0.03 vs 0.08 Mil's. The outer "plex" portion of the LW is .5 and the 12x 1.3 Mil's. Again nearly threefold. The center dot on the LW is 0.04 and the 12x .3,over 7x more bold.

Hit illumination and the 12x is a jazillion times brighter,due the bolder stadia and a MEAN sonofabitch on 2x. Them are good things.

Different glass,for different applications,but the differences are STARK and that may help someone,who is kicking tires..............

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
I've done the 2-12 and the 34mm 4-16.

Once heard a fella say "pass the 6x and hold the fluff" and I think he might have been onto something 😁

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Because me and The 'Horn were talking scopes the other day.

BTR Gen2 1-6x MOA SFP BDC.

I'm personally not a BDC Guy,as I prefer graduated lineal subtension. That being said,it can all e worked.

For conversation,a .375" 270gr BTSP at 2650fps,from a short barrel,wearing a 200yd zero.

You essentially get (5) predetermined places to hold at 2.4,5.6,9.5,14.6 and 17.6 MOA. So basically the 650yd line,flat footed on 6x due SFP. Wind gets kinda hinky.

Setting BDC aside and opting a lineal scale,in the same Make/Model.

2 MOA "ticks" to each 10 MOA full hash,for a total of 30 MOA in all directions and again SFP on 6x. Lineal graduations are a better fit for me and I can have my way with wind and leads.

Just thinking out loud.................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Well, when you put up groups like that....
Id have to chop it and thread it for a can now.
Mostly no regerts.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just got home and glanced at a stack of mail,in which nothing looked "scopey". Was looking to poke my second LW 30mm copy on a 20" CTR to see WTF.

That Annie is an absolute fucking HAMMER and shines with floor scrape ammo...which don't even begin to make sense.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm thinking there's another,laying in this pile of mail. Drug a new Teeker 8" 223 S/S Sporter home and should have a CTR stock and bottom metal,in one of these parcels. Might stab said glass,aboard same................

HarveyTaf

Apr 15, 2023
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…