data-csrf="1713557399,fdeca88c3a7702189b2bb1516e1dd336" Barrel expolsion....... | As Real As It Gets

Barrel expolsion.......

longrange

Dec 18, 2008
What is the deal with the blue tape anyway? I myself have never taped a barrel other than a black powder rifle. I suppose it prevents shit from getting in the barrel, but does it have an effect on anything else or accuracy?

longrange

Dec 18, 2008
What kind of tape do you guys usually use? Do you ever have problems with it coming off when wet?

WGM

Nov 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
I think most here use a wide piece (or pieces) of standard electrical tape (choose your color as you wish) ...

I typically use those little latex finger condoms, or cut a finger off a latex glove, and use that to cover the muzzle, and just use a little piece of e-tape to hold it on there securely ... works great for me, and doesn't affect the shot at all.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
I use black electricians tape, but only because I can't find it in blue....

Can't hurt, and just might save your grabbers or peepers some day...

WGM

Nov 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
What's the average FPS increase for gunning while on a full tank of 'aiming fluid' ??? I mean, it's gotta get you at least an extra 150fps, right?

and that's just the bonus feature over allowing any rifle/shooter to bughole their groups at 1000 yards ... (grin)

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
GeorgeS3 said:
Trey---closer to 250fps faster........
250?

250?!

That ain't sheeeet! My brother can shoot deer across county lines, right from his lawn chair. He's got a........oops, spilled a little on ya......like a 8000 magnum and it shoots like 15 miles.......burp. He was a gunner on a ship or something, and HE can deer hunt........uck......whooo, I just puked in my mouth a little......but like I was sayin'......

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
A perfect example of why Dan should always be the designated driver. Especially while road hunting...