data-csrf="1714058823,81cba43b4d56fc87374d331b15ef406f" BATF Batch Job | As Real As It Gets

BATF Batch Job

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I bought several suppressors last summer. I purchased them in June, July, August and November. Yesterday, I got a call from my local gun shop, letting me know that my stamps arrived. Yes, stamps, as in plural. The three suppressors I bought through Silencer Shop (June, July, and Nov) all arrived at once. That was a nice surprise!

Today, I got an email from Silencer Central, letting me know my stamp was approved for the Banish 30 I bought in July. They will mail that one directly to me.

It would appear that the BATF dug through the stack and collected all of my forms and ran them through as a single batch. Works for me!

Last edited:

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Mine came in about 2 weeks apart even thought they were filed exactly the same time, but that was several years ago.

I have a buddy waiting to get his Banish, very curious to hear your impressions.

Are these your first cans?

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I've had a Surefire Ryder 22A and a YHM Turbo for a few years, now. I filed them at the same time and they arrived at the same time, but I waited 13 months back in 2018-2019. I submitted my paperwork after a big BOGO sale, so the system got flooded with forms. The paperwork was also handled by Silencer Shop, and they have been great. Their kiosk service makes their fingerprinting and electronic paperwork process easy.

I really like shooting my rimfire with a suppressor, but the aluminum baffles on my Ryder are a pain to clean. I picked up a Dead Air Mask and a TBAC 22 Take-Down in this last batch, and they both have stainless baffles, so they should be easier to clean via tumbler or ultrasonic cleaner. I'm anxious to try them out.

So far, my experience with Silencer Central has been positive. Silencer Central had a booth at a gun show, when I bought my Banish 30. I got to fondle it a bit, before I bought it, and that was nice to see one in the flesh before buying it. The fingerprints and photographs were taken right there, at the booth, and their electronic forms process (before e-file) was pretty straight-forward. Silencer Central includes a trust as part of their process, with no additional fee. Silencer Shop charges extra for a trust. During the wait, I got an email from them every month saying things were still waiting for BATF approval. After I got the email saying it was approved, I got a second email that included a link to complete their online version of the 4473. Now, I just wait for the suppressor to arrive in the mail. Waiting the last week or two for shipping might be harder than the months-long initial wait. :)

I really like the Banish 22, and I'll probably get one......almost pulled the trigger last week, actually They had a booth at the sports show, but I wanted to see their whole process through to the end before buying another can from them. Assuming there are no hiccups, I'll probably succumb to the siren song of their all-titanium 22 suppressor. It looks like a great unit, and it's just about as light as my Ryder 22A.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
My next one for rimfire use will have stainless internals, don’t care what it weighs.
The 22 can I have now has aluminum baffles and the best way to care for them that I’ve found is to coat them with Never Seeze or what ever the brand I currently have in he shop. The coating seems to keep the carbon and lead deposits from really taking hold, YMMV.....
One of our local shops is starting to stock supressors, it is nice to be able to handle one before commiting.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I’d guess silencer shop held them all until the E-form portal went live and they had their interface up and ready knowing it would be faster in the end to wait rather than file the old way. So all your forms got filed all together via E-form portal.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Good report.
Hope I get the same treatment.

Waiting on a 6.5 ultra 7, OSS Helix Ti for the large frame, and CGS hydra I caught on sale for $200.

After my wife shot a few of my cans, she said "why don't all our guns have one of those?"

Good question, dear 😂

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I’d guess silencer shop held them all until the E-form portal went live and they had their interface up and ready knowing it would be faster in the end to wait rather than file the old way. So all your forms got filed all together via E-form portal.
I'm not sure. I did get notifications from Silencer Central when the BATF cashed my checks, and they were cashed long before e-forms was launched in late December.

#1 Ordered 6/22, check for tax stamp cashed by BATF on 7/20
#2 Ordered 7/20, check cashed 8/6
#3 Ordered 11/3, check cashed 12/13

I would think that Silencer Shop submitted all of the checks with paper forms, but I don't honestly know all the details on their end of things.

I bought the Banish 30 on 6/26, but Silencer Central wasn't as detailed in their updates with me. I got a monthly email, but it just said that my paperwork was "currently being reviewed" by the BATF. I don't remember when if they ever gave me a date for when the check was cashed, and looking back through my emails, I didn't see anything.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Interesting. I’ve had a few pards that the outfits waited a few months for the E-file to get up and running. But it seems they were made aware that was going on.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I would sure want to be made aware if someone took my money and had plans to hold onto it while waiting for promises from the ATF to come true.

bgold

Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
Looks like efile is actually working well. We've had several come back fairly quickly.

As far as batch approval - it's really weird. One pard got a stamp in for a submission 7-21, then two stamps several days later from 1-21 and 3-21. Then one the day after that from 5-21...then his efile just showed up.

I just got batch approved for stamps ranging over 4 months and they arrived at the same time.

Same for some customers of ours. It's just hit and miss what comes in when - and it is never in order of submission.

Just goes to show the ATF doesn't have a fucking clue what they are doing....