data-csrf="1711663490,a0cfb2d7cd50c8878883616f8371d8ef" Benjamin air rifle | As Real As It Gets

Benjamin air rifle

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
After a couple misses the other day, I decided to put it on paper. The sights are jury rigged, but functioned well in the past. The results were zero hits...nothing is leaving the barrel. I can't wait to see how many pellets are in the barrel. I am hoping I can gently push them back out the way they came in. Have any of you guys had this happen ?

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Yikes! You may have wedged them in pretty tight.

Perhaps try a wooden or brass dowel to push them out after soaking the tube with PB Blaster or other penetrating oil.

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
I am going to try to clear the barrel, and then probably toss it in the dumpster before having a cardiac arrest if it doesn't happen by the second try.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Penetrating oil is good, but I'd do my pushing with brass or aluminum, or even polished steel [drill rod]. And be reallly reluctant to pound on it - lead upsets and expands tighter. It is very soft, though, so a long drill can be rotated slowly, maybe by hand, and clean them out.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Rifling matters.(grin)

I'd measure from both sides of the obstruction,to get a feel for bridge length and cut to the fucking chase in halfa' beer.................

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
I am not sure where I will find a .175 dowel as long as this barrel. I might take it down to California and see if I can get a treehugger to just suck the pellets out of the muzzle.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Seen 'em here in town,so figured everyone else was in good shape.

I reckon you could donate a 1pc .177" S/S cleaning rod to The Cause.

I'd trim a jag near flush,to protect threads.................

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
Since the pellet gun was broke down, I dug around and found the 39A. After shooting the 39A for a little bit, I have lost all interest if trying to fix the pellet gun.

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
Let me know how it works. I still have an old Faulk's C-50 wooden crow call. Obviously electronic is the way to go, but this old thing is very effective.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I prolly have a few rat holed somewhere.

Grandpa had one of these and it worked. Even then,the ONLY thing you need is "Death Cry Of A Crow".(grin)

I've got my JS cassette version somewhere and the new FP assuredly don't suck..........................

CaryMcKeever

Nov 23, 2019
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…