data-csrf="1711641376,1bfa37b93fa6ddbf203ce93ea06ae359" Big Mama.... | As Real As It Gets

Big Mama....

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
After all, what else would you call an 800 lb Beauty with alotta ass? Other than maybe Shoniqua........(grin)

If you are gonna take her to the buffet, you hafta let her eat.....

2012 Can Am Outlander 1000xt. 27" Gorilla Silverbacks. 82 horsepower at the shaft in stock form.... She's gotta lotta give'r in 'er.....(grin)

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
You better have velcro on your a$$ when you punch that throttle! ...and I always thought my Polaris Sportsman 700 was too much for the woods.

RiverOtter

Dec 20, 2007
B.C.
At least now when you get stuck, you KNOW you're STUCK........grin

That's one mean black bitch for sure......

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Funny, first sat on it in my driveway the other night I realized the seat material is kind of tacky and your ass sticks to it. Good fucking thing, as when I whacked the Go Button I fucking near slid off backwards.

As to getting stuck.........(grin)........ Had her out in my back field and stabbed her into a snow drift.... At 800+ you don't lift one out. HOWEVER, if you can get it to move a couple inches backwards to get a "run", lean back, pull up, and hammer it. Front end will lift and the ass will dig it through.

Be interesting when the mud thaws out around here.....(grin)

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Fuck. Me.

First actual ride today on it with a buddy. Now, I've been riding atv's for over 25 years, and I've NEVER experienced anything like this. And I've put a bit of seat time on sport bikes...

The most horsepower ever plunked into a factory machine with the most aggressive tire on the market, makes for an interesting ride.

Climbed a couple hills that I prolly shouldn't have given the learning curve associated with this critter, but the balance front to back is fantastic.

Thoroughly impressed.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Pretty sure they make 'em in a 32 as well, but I didn't buy those either.....(grin)

Mostly because there's a few off-camber trails and some ugly hill climbs where we hunt. Mo' taller, ain't mo' betta in that situation.

Plus, most of the guys I ride with recreationally and my hunting pard don't run tall tires, so there's no point in being able to go that much farther and get that much more stuck if they can't/won't get there.

And to be honest, that requires more mod's than I was willing to do at this point. No need for clutching or trimming as it sits.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
The fancy rims came from the factory, so I'll run 'em as is.....The pic's don't really do the size of that bike justice though, as those are a 27" tire with a 2" lug on them....

Fancy generally means lighter though, which translates to more power to the ground. Handy when running a heavy or aggressive tire.

The Can Am's are pretty reliable all right. We've got a couple in our fleet at work, that have run Honda's into the ground. More miles, more hours, less maintenance, less fixes. They are a quality built machine, no doubt about it. I've always been a yamaha guy, but there's no way I could go back now.

I did do a pile of research on this particular model before I bought though, and the biggest beef guys had were that the caps on the front and back bumpers stick out farther than the fenders and guy's were pulling them off......

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
A pard at work got him a Can-Am (can't recall which model) last Sept./Oct., somewhere around that time anyway. He crashed it into a tree New Years Eve. End result was a cracked vertebrae. Fucker didn't even know he was hurt till the next morning. He's still in a collar and will still be a while getting back to work.

He's an ATV junkie. It's the one topic if you get him started on he will not shut the fuck up. He got enough from his insurance to pay it off but said he wouldn't buy antoher one...not because of it's performance though. He said the Can-Am was an absolute beast.