data-csrf="1713562461,7254cb22133e65e1650195a18146ba0f" Bino cover??? | As Real As It Gets

Bino cover???

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
What are you guys using in the field to cover your binos to keep lens clean and dry
Specifically Leica geovids type 402
I can’t seem to keep the factory covers from falling off and have lost one set already
Ready for something better I guess

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
A buddy has the ak guide creations "denali" i think. Seems to work for him. The marsupial also looked like it could work, but i only looked at it in the store.

I'm still using the hpg kit bag. It's not water proof. I hate spending time looking at different ways to carry binos, and might go back to the single strap yet.

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Marsupial here for both binos and rangefinder. I'm not out in wet conditions very often around here so can't vouch for that, but the product is of high quality.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I have everything mentioned and they all suck,in our weather.

Tape the OEM's and simply deal with it..............

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
Laffin!
I figured as much but you know how it is
Thought somebody somewhere has a clue about something that would work
I guess it’s about the equivalent of expecting some gun maker to get mag box and twist right

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
They are all sponges,that load from the topside.

Just walking the tarmac to the flight home a couple hours ago,everyone was soaked to the bone. In farrrrrrrrr less than 5 minutes.

'Course 50mph+ winds,help drive water where you don't want it. Still trying to figure out,how I made it to the house today?!?................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
There just isn't a way to contend this weather.

Ran in to Humper yesterday on the flight home. He drew a rather good Goat Tag(again) and had Babiest Bean with him. We were laughing at the weather and he was simply hoping he'd be able to fly in,before his alotted time was over.

Either way,he'll have stories..............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Should add,I made a spin this morning to check volumes and I'm not even going to break out a rod yet.(grin)

Fairly impressive...............