data-csrf="1711620501,8ed22cb229a85b86e783a04a070fbb16" Black Friday Deals? | As Real As It Gets

Black Friday Deals?

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I wonder what there is going to be for Black Friday specials this year? SWFA doesn't seem to have much in stock, and pickins are pretty slim just about everywhere.

I did see that Cabela's has a good deal on the Sig Romeo 5. What are you guys seeing for deals?

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Everywhere around these parts is out of stock of about anything worth buying. I have no idea how they intend to have sales. Our local Cabelas didn’t have half, or any of those guns and optics that are in that add on the shelf a few weeks back. Maybe they got a shipment in?
That sig Romeo5 shows out of stock on the web for all the Oregon and Washington stores.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
From what I've seen at our local Bass Pro / Cabelas, they'll get a few of whatever is on sale in, but keep it in the back and not listed on the web.

The way everything looks around here though, I can't imagine much in the way of sales...

I'm thinking I may trip a few rifles and pick up something new or have something built. It seems like there has never been a better time to offload nearly anything you don't want or are tired of...

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I tried to order a couple of red dots at 4:30am this morning, but they were listed as "out of stock" already on both the Bass Pro and Cabela's websites.

They even listed them as "out of stock" at both local stores. The stores don't open until 6am, but they are out already?

I didn't really "need" them, but still...

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Yep, swung by the Bass Pro in Tacoma. They also didn’t have most everything in their sales add. They has 270wsm brass though. Thought that was odd. Gun racks about empty, pistol racks about empty, ammo shelves almost bare, but plenty of shotguns and shot shells.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I just went back to the Bass Pro Shop website and ordered two of the $99 Sig red dots. I don't know why they showed out of stock, and I couldn't order them earlier this morning, but it worked just now.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
It was out of stock this morning, then back in stock mid-morning, and now it's out of stock again. I don't understand it, either.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Maybe doing the Cali style rolling black-outs. Cool that someone cashed in on the deal. Tractor supply supposedly had a steal on Cannon gun safes, but everywhere around me was out of stock when they opened this am. Better luck next time I guess.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Me too :)

HuntinAZ on the campfire had a link to a site that gives cash back (12% at cabelas, 7% at brownells) called activejunky. Some of you would be getting real money back.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Got my sig Romeo 5 today. The red "DOT" isn't a dot at all. Its an asterix at best. Mostly just looks like a red fuzz ball on the lens. Funny thing is when you take a picture of it, it looks like a round dot, go figure.

Not what I was expecting considering the appraise, but I guess lines up well with the $99 price tag.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've a "hunch",that if one actually shoots same and zero's it...that bullets will reliably go where it's pointed.

Not that I don't enjoy Fluff "reports"...........................(grin)

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I should have read the reviews on Amazon. Seems fairly common they have a starburst or spider look rather than an actual dot.

Why bother mounting and shooting a faulty sight?
Who cares if it holds zero, it’s barely usable with the red starburst flare washing out the entire lens on anything but the lowest few settings.
And on the lower settings the starburst covers about 8” at 40 yards.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I reckon them "heralded" Amazon Gamers "shoot" as "much" as you do and extrapolations could be garnered. Hint. Laughing!

From the hip,I "only" have 10 of 'em in actual use and I reckon pards more than equal that. To this very moment,there's yet to be a "glitch" or "failure",despite actual use and weather prolly being shy of "forgiving". Pistole,Bolt Gun,Krunchenticker and Scatterguns.

'Course I'm still buying Montuckys that "don't shoot" too.

Hint...............................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Been almost a full day,since I heard of one killing a running Woof ala Peezer Wylde Krunchenticker and the Buck Tally Abounds,though Otter Knockin' trumps it...............................

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
  • Deleted by Chesapeake
Show…

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Yep, figured that one out with a google search after I posted. This one still has issues. Will let Sig look it over. Cant get the flare and spider looking mess to show in a pic.

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I only have a few, but the dots go from pinpoint to solar flare. Have one on a palmetto upper that was shooting well this afternoon, 75bthp and lever.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Cant really get it to show well in a pic. Low setting has no visible dot, then the next few clicks you have about a 2 moa dot with another blob next to it and spider legs radiating out and terminating in small dots, then higher settings its a totally washed out big red blob. There is no visible point where the mess of red doesn't cover a good 10moa.

This is 3 or 4 clicks from bottom (camera don't get it when lower), 8.5x11 paper at 35 yards. The camera makes the spider look like a somewhat round blob and brighter than it is.
IMG_8301.jpg

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Sight it in.

Place dot where you want boolit to go.

Pull trigger.

Be "amazed" that boolit went where intended.

Repeat,as per whim.

Hint...............

BrianW

Nov 18, 2007
Alaska
www.geocities.com
My experience is to not be wearing reading glasses with them, that's for sure! All's well when just lookin' through them without glasses.

I have somewhere around 5 of them, at least one not mounted on anything yet, and love'em.

Wish I could find that great deal in the OP.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Ok, sounds good. They were in and out of stock on Black Friday, and I ended up ordering 8 of them. I snagged a few for a couple of other friends, so when we get it sorted out, I'll let you know.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Nope. The two I have are on ARs. I might put one on a Savage Rascal for my daughter. I should probably slap one on a 10/22, just for giggles.

My pistols wear reflex-style red dots: Viper, Venom, and Holosun.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Hey Rick,
Have you looked at that dot with a pair of polarized glasses or sunglasses? Quite often that will sharpen up the dot.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Got them on the horn after an hour on hold. Good dudes. Discussed what I’m seeing and they agreed was unusual. They are sending an RMA.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nope. The two I have are on ARs. I might put one on a Savage Rascal for my daughter. I should probably slap one on a 10/22, just for giggles.

My pistols wear reflex-style red dots: Viper, Venom, and Holosun.

I should have a Chickmunk Picatinny Rail(for a Romeo 5) in this pile of Mail,but am gonna warm up first.................(grin)