data-csrf="1714338917,82a493ab4abcc223da4773ff53effbcf" BLAKE | As Real As It Gets

BLAKE

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
The site was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW as hell tonight, finally realized the banners weren't loading at the bottom of the page. I deleted everything in the HTML box for the footer and it is now fast as hell.

jasonk

Nov 18, 2007
Washington......the state.
Steelhead and Blake, do you know if it was one or all the banners? Were the banners hosted on another site, if so there's a chance that just that site was having issues yesterday.

I can help you shrink the banners to a very reasonable file size while still keeping all the good stuff there. PM me if you want an email to send the banners to and I'll work some photoshop voodoo on them.

J

Painless

Administrator
I turned the avatars off as well and it is doing just fine. I think it has to do with the avatars more than the banners.....Blake

If you are having speed issues try turning off the avatars under the "my preferences" screen and see if it helps. If not we are gonna need to make the banners smaller I guess.......Blake

jasonk

Nov 18, 2007
Washington......the state.
Working great here too now. I'll save all the banners tonight and see how much they can be reduced without losing quality. I'll PM you with the results.

Could have been the server indeed or maybe one of the servers that were hosting someones avatar was not allowing the avatar to load and confusing the araig's server? Who knows, I'll do what I can to trouble shoot as well.

J

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
DUDE it was STUPID SLOW last night, everyone was having the problem. When the page would finally load the banners showed as a red x at the bottom.

Deleting the shit made it hum. I ain't on dial-up and there was some type of issue last night, I'm not talking Sip some coffee and wait for the pic to load slow, I'm talking go fishing for 3 hours and wait for the page to load slow.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
I think Blake was screwing around and forget to feed the mouse in the little wheel.....

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
I tried to get on earlier today to no avail. Figured it to be a server issue and no other sites experienced problems loading.

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
I also checked the server and it was apparently ok. Removed the banners and all was well, but them back and all wasn't. Still thinking it was something with Lunar. I also cleared some shit and did a few other magic tricks.