data-csrf="1711663138,9c5a844af16510d51c17f36bd61d9eb6" Boots for Elk hunting..... | As Real As It Gets

Boots for Elk hunting.....

cjurasek

Apr 9, 2008
Northern Ca,
Crispi offers some good choices, I run their Summits in warmer weather and Lowa Tibet’s later.
Looks as if my bowhunting trip to Wyo for Elk is gonna happen next year. So I was wondering what boots are available today that trump my old Meindl Perfekt hunters.
arly

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I used some Crispi Colorado’s this year. Seems like a good boot, but don’t have a ton of miles on them yet.

I do already like them over my Meindl Denalis.
The lower profile and lighter I go, the more I like them. I’ll probably grab some Solomon Quests next time I see them on sale. Might be worth a look if you don’t need a tall boot.

I bow hunted this year mostly in my Merrell “hiking style “ tennis shoes. Besides getting a ton of shit down in them, I don’t think I’d have any issue wearing them all season if it’s not too wet.

myname

Feb 21, 2009
WI
I used the Crispi Colorado's last year in CO. mzl season with no complaints, used the Crispi Idaho's before that. They fit my feet pretty well.

cjurasek

Apr 9, 2008
Northern Ca,
I used some Crispi Colorado’s this year. Seems like a good boot, but don’t have a ton of miles on them yet.

I do already like them over my Meindl Denalis.
The lower profile and lighter I go, the more I like them. I’ll probably grab some Solomon Quests next time I see them on sale. Might be worth a look if you don’t need a tall boot.

I bow hunted this year mostly in my Merrell “hiking style “ tennis shoes. Besides getting a ton of shit down in them, I don’t think I’d have any issue wearing them all season if it’s not too wet.

I love my quests, however they do not stay waterproof. I have been thru 3 pairs in 4 years. Salomon has honered their warranty each time.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
I used the Solomon gtx 4d this year during the rut. Very light which was nice. Not waterproof but I was so wet after each hunt wet feet didn’t matter much.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
what do you prefer for wise feet?.....
I'm hunting in Meindls now but I'm not in love with them.
honestly the only hikers that are really comfy on my wide assed feet are keens but they are glorified tennis shoes

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
One thing about Solomon is that they are about the most uncomfortable boots for the first 10 minutes of a hike. After about 10 minutes they start fitting perfectly and by the end you hardly know they are on you. Can’t really explain it.