data-csrf="1711657883,57a38b4521de6efc6d1e2389b57c3410" Brackish Friday Deals............ | As Real As It Gets

Brackish Friday Deals............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
SWFA goes without saying.

MDT is on fire.

I've not even really started sniffing...but spill your guts......................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Yep saw that and forgot.

EVERYONE is going TLR-8 crazy and for GOOD reasons. Got some for $99 on The 'Zon while at work.

Just poured a toddy and am going to shop like a bastard......................(grin)

Reactions: dakotagun

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I sooooooooo LOVE those rings. No 6x MQ's,so opted a "reserve" 10x MQ for good measure and nabbed an Illuminatti,just to balance the box(I found 3 lowers the other day).(grin)

'Merica!...............

Reactions: dakotagun

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Psa has toolcraft nitrided bcgs for $69 and nickel boron for 109. Be careful though, because there's lots of good deals there.

Trigger tech had a sale going on, and rmr has 7% off with code rmrgratitude and actually has a bunch of bullets in stock.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Buck Fucker said Peezer had CMC Krunchenticker triggers for $99 too.

I'll nab some,here in a bit.

They had (10) 30rd P-Mags with 223 FA complete BCG for wayyyy under 200 Clams,not long ago too. Not my jam(I'm ASC 10's or bust),but a guy couldn't get hurt..............

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
I'm treading lightly as I just built a rifle 2 weeks ago, but the swfa 1-4 had to happen along with a handful of MDT mags.

PVA has decent prices on prefits.

American rifle co is running crazy good prices on actions if you dig Ted's stuff. $750 nucleus. Trigger tech is running good deals as well.

KRG has blem bravos for $280.

Would be easy to bolt together a good rig for ~1700. Dumb me had to go do it a week ago for an extra $500 clams.

Reactions: 30338

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm treading lightly as I just built a rifle 2 weeks ago, but the swfa 1-4 had to happen along with a handful of MDT mags.

PVA has decent prices on prefits.

American rifle co is running crazy good prices on actions if you dig Ted's stuff. $750 nucleus. Trigger tech is running good deals as well.

KRG has blem bravos for $280.

Would be easy to bolt together a good rig for ~1700. Dumb me had to go do it a week ago for an extra $500 clams.

Gimme your PVA Nuke Pep-Talk................

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
I'm tapped out for the day, but I think they've got the kinks worked out. It's not lite- I think the anti x from defiance is the oz winner.

But CRF mechanical ejection sure sounds fun.

'course a long action Mausingfield would be a fit way to honor her heritage, mated to a 284 spout thoated for 190 Atips.

But y'all ignore me, I'm just a southeastern enabler, board up in a tree stand. I like spending other folks money the best.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
I snagged a TRL-1 HL, no laser. Went out on limb and grabbed one of those 3X Prism jobs from Athlon. If I hate it I’ll send it down the road. Both were from Camera Land who has had these prices all week I believe.

Edit: Not sure why I lied but the light was from Amazon, not Camera Land.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptArab

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've been sniffing for a couple months and can't nail one down,but see that a few guys got in at $1500-ish.................

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Went to a gun show at a local high school this morning (yes, at a high school). There was an Athlon dealer there, so I got to fondle most of their offerings. That Helos 2-12x is a pretty sweet setup. I liked the Midas 2.5-15x, as well. His prices were full retail, but it was good to see the hardware in person.

A local reloading guy (deals out of his home) had a bunch of powder at pre-panic prices. He had some 8 pound kegs of H335 and IMR 4350 for a little over $200. One-pounders were $29 - 32 for rifle powders, less for pistol powders. He had a pretty good selection, for the current times, but no RL powders at all.

I passed on a 700 SPS Tactical barreled action, in .223. I thought it was priced very fairly, at $350, but something else on his table caught my eye. I snagged a 20ga Benelli Montefeltro. It's an early, HK import, and it's in great shape! I have to meet-up with him again, to grab the rest of the choke tubes. I might grab that barred action, tomorrow, if he still has it.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
really dan, really?? 350?

krg had blems

atlas same. grabbed a v8 for auto

arken has 4-16 for 299 if you can stomach chinesium promo gobrandon

romeo msr is chinesium too for 70$ from locked and loaded

mdt has mags cheap.

WOA has spr barrels for 195$

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
10% off xcaliber and preferred barrels

gonna stop in at preferred monday. couple barrels i got from them shoot very well

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
really dan, really?? 350?
Yep, I already bought a complete SPS Tac from Cabela's this summer. It shoots better than it should. I'd tell you what I paid for it, but you'd think I was lying.

I've been on a tear, the last few months, so I passed on the barreled action. If it's still there, tomorrow, I'll grab it.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Went to a gun show at a local high school this morning (yes, at a high school).
I'm so happy to hear that.

Growing up. I remember getting a new 12 gauge for Christmas and bringing it to school after break to show off to my football coaches in the parking lot before class.

Kids did the same with their rifles and no one batted an eye at seeing a firearm from the carpool line.

Glad to hear normal is still normal somewhere.

Last edited:

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
If it's still there, tomorrow, I'll grab it.
I went back today, to pick up the choke tubes, but the barreled action was gone.

I did fire up my Mec shotshell loader today, for the first time in I don't know how long, and cranked out some 20ga shells. I had more components sitting around than I thought I did.

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
I've been sniffing for a couple months and can't nail one down,but see that a few guys got in at $1500-ish.................
Thats a lot of function for the coin considering the alternatives...

I’m no glass snob and speak utility, but curious if it’s the same lens, etc as the BDX 3000s.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Rumor Mill hinted at an "upgrade",whatever that means.

The "lowly" 3K's destroy all things Reica for Ranging and I've ZERO doubt,the 10K is from another universe altogether.

I'll happily deal with the Optics side.....................(grin)

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
The Rumor Mill hinted at an "upgrade",whatever that means.

The "lowly" 3K's destroy all things Reica for Ranging and I've ZERO doubt,the 10K is from another universe altogether.

I'll happily deal with the Optics side.....................(grin)
Same here...checks will be cut regardless.

Tech guy at Sig did just say the 10ks have the improved HD lenses FWIW. The 800yd solver limit of the 3ks was the only reason I didn’t jump.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I was just about ready to pull the 3k trigger after hunting all fall cursing swapping from binos to RF back to binos.

Glad to hear about the 10k. I doubt I need the extra range but the glass upgrade could be nice

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
i might use RF ability once on a hunt that exceeds basic RF and drop chart

behind the glass 5-6 hours a day. looking for tines in brush i need as good of glass as i can get.

battery life when cold seems the biggest killer so far to integrated units. i can't put binos on tripod for endless hours and keep em warm. but i can stash RF in an inner pocket until needed.

Reactions: CaptArab

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I hate to give up optical quality too. I've got pretty used to my ELs when I scan the brush for a piece of horn or a white patch. But I really like the idea of having it all in one package.

Anybody tired of their 10x geovids? Let me know

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
I’ve hunted the Kilos hard for a couple seasons, in some weather that sorts out gear. They haven’t missed a beat, range PDQ (well past 2k hand-held), and having instant dope is the shit.

It’s WAY faster to 800 than any rangefinder plus drop chart, hands down. Past that, I just reference my Shooter app. It’s especially handy when hunting/shooting with the kids, because you don’t have to come off the target and you can feed them dope.

If I were glassing mule deer all day, they wouldn’t be my pick. But for general purpose hunting glass, I’m hooked. Only way they could be better is if they were 8x.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The BRF's stood alone with the 3K's simply destroys Leica.

Thus the affinity to more than Triple same...................(grin)

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
More good is more gooder I guess… BRF that spits dope is the easy button, literally.

I’d go 10k’s if we’re calling in artillery….

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
For me,it's about fending Atmospherics,which is something experienced routinely here.

Fact is...it's supposed to start Atmosphericing impressively,here directly.(grin)

Leica cain't even fucking BEGIN to touch the 3K's there......................

• Haha
Reactions: Painless

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
What’s a big delta in InHg on the Milford from high pressure to low?

Feeding atmospherics it into the ap, or having the ap grab local info, and bluetoothing to BRF is another easy button… but not as practical or quick for shots on critters as running a static bracket and extrapolating. Unless you’re suffering MOA… then I’d be brutoothing everything.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pressure makes minimal fucks,but rain,wind,hail,fog and snow sure as fuck do and the Sig's chew that shit up and deliver,as all of them different conditions might happen in a minute,if not all at once.

Wind in Base 10,Leads in Base 10,comeups in Base 10 and getting a distance in tough conditions matters....................

Last edited:

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Agreed…. On all counts… except base 10 on wind. Brackets work well, as the math never changes.

Seen the fog fuck with the Sigs on occasion, but it’s gotta be soupy.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nothing is more intuitive/easier than Base 10,especially on wind.

If you say "fog",a Leica will give a bad reading,while a Sig will chew it up and spit it out.....................

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Agree to disagree…. brackets match mph and .1 per 100. Tell me how fast the wind is blowing, and the range…. I can tell you my drift off the top of my head, as fast as you can look at a chart. Simple in concept and execution.

Fifteen minutes between shots #3 and #4 from across the canyon…. Fog/rain/sleet/snow rolls in here pretty heavy pretty fast too. Haven’t found anything better than Sig, when trying to range through clouds.

69401B05-B98A-412F-924D-0BF407D499C7.jpeg