data-csrf="1713547277,b72299ff952dd9cebd1e14334fcd0118" Brackish Friday Deals............ | As Real As It Gets

Brackish Friday Deals............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I shoot 100's of barrels and NOTHING is faster,than not missing. Wind will do that to more folks,than trajectory will,for lotsa reasons and I get to hear it fucking ALL.(grin)

Whats'a .177" 7.87gr JSB drift at 35yds at 5mph full value ala 300 FWB?

Keeping DOPE real,is never a concession,in either speed or connect percentage......................

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
I’d never slum a .177…. but a .22 15.9 JSB at 850 via Disco Stu drifts .1 mil per 10 yards at 2.5 mph (or .4/10 at 10pm)…. so I’d hold a little shy of 3/4 mil.

Don’t matter how many different barrels/bullets you shoot…. They’ve all got a bracket…. and that’s all you gotta know. Might could even write said bracket in paint pen on the stock or MTM case…. seen somebody do shit like that before… laffin….

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
A FWB 300 will reliably hurt Feelers and add perspective,which is never flattering.

I've found that shooting a myriad of Skookum Platforms,more than bolsters a skillset,up to and including Wind Readin'. Rounding DOPE,is false economy,but I never don't not enjoy the Stories. The Ever Changing "Bracket",being especially entertaining.

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
A wise Alaska-loompa once said “spent primers are the ultimate tutorial”… sage advice, that didn’t go over my head…. even though it came from a foot below it. As was .22lr + Fixed SS + 75moa rail…. lots of folks have learned lots from that combo, wind reading certainly not withstanding.

It doesn’t matter what system you use for figuring/holding Boogieman wind…. as long as you shoot it enough to know what’s what. One way or another, you gotta go best guess and do a little math…. more you shoot, the better the guesses get…. but it’s never not guessing.

A BRF that spits that dope…. whether static 10mph, Bluetoothed weather station, bracket, or whatever…. is a boon, no doubt.

Reactions: Painless

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm not in to fucking around,so purposely do not. Rounding,slipping and sliding true values,is nothing more than gross tolerance stacking,which interests me less than zero.

"Bracket" is a fashionable word that seemingly soothes some,for whatever reason(s). It simply can't be a lineal extrapolation,because that ain't how Physics work,with atmospheric influences upon a perpetually slowing projectile.

I want the BEST data I can yield,for both application and strengthening fundamentals. Nothing is as fast,nor as precise and those "odds" rather suit me.

Win/win....................

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Nobody “knows” more than you….

But…. Nobody “knows” what the wind is from muzzle to impact….

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I enjoy the luxuries of not being forced to guess,if only to the chagrin of Crying Karens everywhere. it often bolsters their Insecurities and they can't even punctuate for themself,as my powers are so strong.

With actual DOPE,it is a breeze to correlate a wind correction's accuracy,in a manner which isn't a series of hilarious sliding bullshit. I reckon that pun was intended and the Hurt Feelings a gift.

It's never been tough to savvy actually who shoots.........................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
VERY "surprising",that the punctuation exceeds the verbage.

Despite it being your only "move"........................

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
i'm a bit lost on the back and forth. but..

assuming 108eld at 2800. zeroed at 200. you can pick atmospheres. 40 degrees at 4200 is pretty standard around these parts.

got a song dog in a gully at 430yards

12knot wind. 10:30 direction.

what's the work stream to get a firing solution?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Thusly.

Angular approach of atmospherics,in relation to cited distance,as per lineally shed projectile velocity.

Knots is cute though..................

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
work me through the process to getting the wind call.. and elevation too.

gear, thought process. what's memorized. what's written down (or not) what's the skillset and then application.

i'm willing to learn new skills and processes.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
usage of knots and mph isn't correct if only obviously.

"it's knot cute", that's a good tee shirt

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I converted 10:30 to 315deg. and 12knots to 14mph (13.8 but who’s counting).
I loosely entered atmospherics.
I tend toward the Shooter app for ease of use, but they all pretty well work once your used to the one being used.

Looks like Larry cut wind to 10mph at 90 degrees to get the same effect.

B0A804D6-5467-4F1A-9E46-48A99698020D.png

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
I run 108s at 2900 and change…. at about 28inHg average. Bracket is 6 mph….

10:30 is 70% value… I’d have dialed the 2.0 Mils the Sig spit out, held 3/4 mil…. and hammered said dog…. before someone else could reference their chart. But “brackets” suck… until you actually use them.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
'peake,

I simply supplied a generic Base 10 full value impetus,from which any/all can be derived.

Which was likely the point................(grin)

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
'peake,

I simply supplied a generic Base 10 full value impetus,from which any/all can be derived.

Which was likely the point................(grin)
Understood. You chart common value, 10mph, then adjust from there based on observation.
Just chance that your chart matched the scenario in this case.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Base 10 never can't not match,which again,is likely the point.(grin)

If only again:

"Bracket" is a fashionable word that seemingly soothes some,for whatever reason(s). It simply can't be a lineal extrapolation,because that ain't how Physics work,with atmospheric influences upon a perpetually slowing projectile.

Full Value(right angle) wind impetus is factored start to finish,along with trajectory,as a Base 10 value...................

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I carry my phone with ballistic APP, rangefinder, Ketrel weather meter/ballistic calculator, and paper dope chart laid out with 10 and 20 wind.

I create the dope chart based on guessed Density altitude. For my hunting, inside 600-700 yards, this works fine. Then I’m fine with just chart and LRF.

When on location I enter atmospherics into the APP, by way of Kestral or local station. To prepare.

Shot prep involves ranging, considering shot angle and wind. Then depending on time allowed either reference dope chart for solution, or reference APP for solution, or run Kestral for solution.

Depending on rifle I walk around dialed anywhere from 200 to 250, so that inside 300 to 350 or so it’s just range and shoot.

After a bit you’ll get to where you remember your dope.
My 7mm I’d of ranged, laid down and held 1.5u and .7-ish left and let fly.
My rig runs right near 2u at 500 in most conditions and is a 6mph gun, so quick mental math gets me to minute of coyote in the time it takes to get steady.

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
you carry this dataset where and how?
Too funny……

Put ALL this on your stock, or on a card….

CAC26C40-0713-494F-BE5D-6A8CF65EA0A4.jpeg

OR……put this on the inside of your ocular
scope cap…

6mph

Wind Bracket for the EASY win….. when it comes to field shooting at sane game ranges. Simply correlate wind speed to drift constant, and you don’t need a “chart”…. especially when running the Sig BRF.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I can chart 10 and 20 and figure from there, or chart 6 and 12 and figure from there.
Brackets involve “jump” steps to account for the lack of linearity. The easy math part gets a bit lost post a “jump step” or two. At that point it loses appeal, but PRS is most often at ranges inside the first jump, as are my hunting ranges.

Its just a shift in wind on your chart to make the mental math easier. Lots of ways to skin a cat.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
"Oddly" enough,with base 10 a 20mph impetus is simply double said value. If only because wind is ONLY lineal,at a given yardage(velocity). Hint.

Not that The Jumping Bracket Bullshit,ain't funnier than fuck...............

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Agreed…. The “jump step” is usually somewhere in that 1/2 mile range. WELL past sane shooting range on fur. If we’re hucking 1200 yard bombs at steel, then I’ve got all the time in the world to check Shooter Ap. Unless we’re talking timed reindeer games, then I’d have a 600yd + chart and shoot everything inside that on the bracket.

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
So cute…. Your “chart” is the same length as your inseam.

so you can double 10…. but you can’t double any other number?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
May I suggest yet another Hurt Feelers Report,as your punctuation is again keeping time with your Estrogen Levels.

A simplistic screenshot of Facts/Physics,is seemingly VERY hard on The Jumping Bracket Bullshit and thinkin' aloud,that's not likely to be an "accident".

Base 10 is simply an unerring constant,if only to the chagrin of Crying Karens everywhere....................

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Tho only “constant”…. Is your reluctance to grasp the concept that not all shooting wisdom emanates from the Milford Lolly-Pop Gang.

Funny how you can’t regale the bracket inside sane ranges…. you just keep posting pics of charts…. that say the same fucking thing as the bracket. Thereby continuing to prove my point. Like Peak said…. there’s more than one way to skin a cat…. unless you’ve never shot one.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Myths,Wives Tales and The Jumping Bracket Bullshit do not swoon me,but rest ASSURED the very last thing I'd wanna do,is to swipe ANY of your "thunder". If only because you are doing "GREAT!".

It is fascinating,how a screenshot of a JBM display,so readily adds to your Estrogen Levels. I'm enjoying "sane range" too,as Bracket Salve for your stupidity.

Now it will only come as a "surprise" to you,that Base 10 is unerring,if only because it is simply fueled with Facts/Physics. Maybe you should punctuate more?!?..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Droolers will always find a place to drool.

There's lotsa slack on the rope,so she can "tell" me "more"................(grin)

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Still haven’t regaled shit….

Tough to show someone they’re wrong…. when your data supports their position. Until then, keep stomping your size 5 corkers in the corner and yelling.

Show me where my numbers are wrong… and I’ll eat crow. Until then, I’ll just keep pounding on fur….before you can even consult your chart.

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Little things yapping, and nipping heels… never hurts feelers. But it’s always entertaining…. keep barking, but don’t scare the mailman away… or you won’t have anymore package pixels.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Perhaps bracket,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery and even you,don't want to be you..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd forgotten about the JM '94 in 357 for Brackish Friday. Trying to decide what color to paint it.................

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Won’t have to “paint” the buttstock…. as “chart” will cover it entirely +P.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
so if i run a base ten taped to the stock.
i multiply up to 1.2 my 430 yard value then come down 66%??

before you guys fucked off into the weeds i was trying to follow the logic here

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hat,ocular cap,stock,memory,wrist band,digital or however/wherever you wish to capture DOPE. For me,I simply have less than zero fucking interest in DOPE,that isn't the most accurate I can derive. That whether Elevation or Windage. All of which is Base 10,same as leads on a Mover.

With Base 10 Windage DOPE,you can simply realize a solution fast and precise,less concession. That'll take care of the angular impetus,as only a Right Angle will yield 100% of the Base 10 impetus influence. Then the wind's velocity at that angle,yields a simplistic solution,at said distance. ONLY at said distance(velocity),is it truly lineal.

12MPH is a 20% increase of Base 10 correction value,no matter the angle or distance. So with EVERY fucking shot,you can correlate a wind reading/hold and I'd liken that akin to using a LRF for distance,in it's relative feedback value.(grin)

As BC/Velocity increases,the corrections are obviously minimized. Like I tell guys all the fucking time,you can shop your way to better wind reading,by simply buying/using more BC. That constant too,is a Mind Fuck for many........................(grin)

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
so if i run a base ten taped to the stock.
i multiply up to 1.2 my 430 yard value then come down 66%??

before you guys fucked off into the weeds i was trying to follow the logic here
Your stated wind was -13.8mph at 10:30(45deg.) so about 75% wind value, so actual - 10.3 mph wind.
If your dope chart has 10mph wind holds, then use that value.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Your stated wind was -13.8mph at 10:30(45deg.) so about 75% wind value, so actual - 10.3 mph wind.
If your dope chart has 10mph wind holds, then use that value.

Jesus Fuck...QUIT trying to "help". You are soooooooo fucked up,it's amazing.

Quartering winds are 50% value. Take 50% of the Base 10 and add the impetus percentage above 10mph at 50% value.

Hint...............

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Quartering winds are 50% value. Take 50% of the Base 10 and add the impetus percentage above 10mph at 50% value.

Hint...............
You might want to consult your local ballistics calculator on that assertion.

Hint…..

Here’s the pics…. So I don’t have to get my crayons out….

90 degrees 14mph….
D2CF1A58-EF8E-4A12-87B8-006064C20F3F.jpeg

45 degrees 14mph…

F581B472-B177-4125-B780-5F43205543FC.jpeg

1.0 from 90
0.7 from 45

Looks like 70%…. as previously stated by the “drooling dumbfucks”.

Last edited:

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Just in case you missed the CORRECT answer, delivered without chart consultation, via wind bracket…..

I run 108s at 2900 and change…. at about 28inHg average. Bracket is 6 mph….

10:30 is 70% value… I’d have dialed the 2.0 Mils the Sig spit out, held 3/4 mil…. and hammered said dog…. before someone else could reference their chart. But “brackets” suck… until you actually use them.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Jesus Fuck...QUIT trying to "help". You are soooooooo fucked up,it's amazing.

Hint...............

I don’t run 45deg. As 50% value, more like 70-75% value. Was taught that back in the military days, and as much as I can tell by shooting it works.
If you run it on a calculator it will do similar, as I had done and posted from the get go.
Values more like this:

Attachments