data-csrf="1711679148,611313f7b71072084b26f4af41a76a10" Brown bear in driveway | As Real As It Gets

Brown bear in driveway

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Guess that's a pretty good sign you're living in good country when shit like that happens in your front yard.

Matt

Jan 9, 2008
Alaska
Dangerzone said:
What I want to know is, if you kept chickens of such like in the back yard, would bears raid them like a fox or leave them alone?
They'll go after the chickens.

Dangerzone

Nov 17, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Visit site
Thought so....dogs?

Just as an after thought, the moose the bear killed, who gets to claim the meat? Dose the homeowner get to keep it(please dont tell me they'd need a tag) or dose it belone to ?????

kenaislayer

Nov 17, 2007
A family down the road from my place had there dog killed by a Sow and two cubs a week ago. By the way, the bears made a meal out of the dog.

Matt

Jan 9, 2008
Alaska
That dead moose belongs to the state. Hard to say what they did with the moose in the video, but I'd guess the meat was donated to a church or something. If so, the bear got cheated.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Guy here across the room from me,lives next to the dude that shot the footage.

Small World,as per always...............

heatseekins

Nov 18, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Visit site
"What I want to know is, if you kept chickens of such like in the back yard, would bears raid them like a fox or leave them alone? "

Dad has chickens in Homer and bears eat the crap out of them. They get to be afraid to go inside their coop because the bear just rips the door off and lets himself in for dinner. Last year we got pictures of a cub half way in the dog food bin. Cute little bastard, but i bet he was back this year for chickens :)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Bears are the first to take the patrh of least reistance.

Seen a few Booners come outta dumpsters,in town..................

BearsNitemare

Apr 14, 2008
Alaska
Matt said:
That dead moose belongs to the state. Hard to say what they did with the moose in the video, but I'd guess the meat was donated to a church or something. If so, the bear got cheated.
A moose that dies on private property belongs to the land owner, state troopers and fish and game won't even touch it. If you want it moved you will have to do so at your own expense or in the case..... at your own risk.