data-csrf="1711620244,efec51e57fbba82a7c374d4877304c9c" Camera Questions | As Real As It Gets

Camera Questions

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Momma took some decent aurora iPhone pics the other day, and I managed to take some ok shots with the slr after the peak of the action had passed of course. Should figure out a way to post those.
Found that memory card...

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Probably could have been really good with a tripod and remote shutter, but oh well. Always better in first person.

cptcreedmoor

Dec 9, 2007
The Choo Choo
figured id share...picked up a T6 at a yard sale a while back, had 3 batteries, a 18-55, and 75-300 glass, several memory cards, nice leather bag etc etc etc...price was solid at 100 bucks for it all...figured it was fucked and they were looking for a sucker, but its been spot on so far...will learn the ropes on this then shoot for the moon on the next...im likin this camera shit so far.

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
after a month I admit I spend more time flopping shutters out of the 17-40 than the 24-105 now. One thing I have to appreciate is not having a lens extend open while I hike somewhere (I use a peak cam clip on my backpack) and the difference in pics at same mm is just that. The same.

Still planing a long lens again and now I think it will be sigma 150-600 as I used one the other day and it didnt disappoint.
This damn hobby is addicting ... and expensive. Not necessarily in that order.

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
after a month I admit I spend more time flopping shutters out of the 17-40 than the 24-105 now. One thing I have to appreciate is not having a lens extend open while I hike somewhere (I use a peak cam clip on my backpack) and the difference in pics at same mm is just that. The same.

Still planing a long lens again and now I think it will be sigma 150-600 as I used one the other day and it didnt disappoint.
This damn hobby is addicting ... and expensive. Not necessarily in that order.
If the 24-105 creeps and extends by itself try a rubber band around the lens barrel.

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
I started doing that WM (well using one of the daughter hair thingy bobs actually) but I wish it had a lock on it. Silly little shit I know but the little peeves become are just annoying enough to be irritating.

After spending months with a lens I think it actually makes me appreciate the good pics I see even more now. Hope to get to those levels in time

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
I don't think you'll be disappointed in the big Sigma at all. I still want a few more ART lenses but am holding back for now.
I looked at the sample pics and have some friends posting online who swear by them. I do think an "L" lens is hard to beat, except for the price