data-csrf="1711656226,d8aaee57bd87990920ffb28157d4a219" Clue me in for a mid range 22 setup. | As Real As It Gets

Clue me in for a mid range 22 setup.

bobnob

Jan 15, 2016
NSW, Australia
Thinking of snapping up a 22LR Compact for shooting pest birds out to 200 odd yards and targets out to 500 odd for fun. The RAR rimfire seems good value with the reputed accuracy.

Now the SWFA SS is available here, would I be better off with the little 1-4x or the 6x Fixed?

I'd probably sooner avoid anything higher than 6x 'cause I'll still carry it for rabbits and foxes and spotlight from the truck with it as well.

Might even dabble in some low noise subsonics too; how will that affect the equation and to that end, what is a good canted base set / rail to hook it all up with?

Rifle will be used by the kids as much as by me if not more.

Thanks gents.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Illuminatti's average 62 Mils of total erector travel,which a bunch more than a fucking bunch. If 4x will allow you to connect dots,then you are there...especially with the option of Illumination for Dastardly Deeds.

DIP 25MOA extended 1913 rail................

bobnob

Jan 15, 2016
NSW, Australia
Anyone gunning sub sonic low noise jobbies out to a few hundred yards or a bit more?

Anyone got any advice on using them; ammo recommendations?

Suppressors are illegal here in NoFunLand.

athhud

Oct 21, 2008
AL
I was shooting at turtles around 400yds with .22 subs a few weeks ago (even lucked up and hit one). It was a blast! The water makes corrections easy. :)

I was shooting a few different kinds of Aguila, some Remington match stuff, and Geco(sp?). The Geco seemed the most consistent at that range. I am far from an expert on subs at that distance though, so I'm sure there are better offerings. Around 22-24 mils seemed to be the average elevation for them all.

Turtle plinking from a long ways off with a suppressor is the shiznit! They don't scurry off of the log until you splash them, hit the log, or ring a shell. Like shooting fish in a barrel! Well, a barrel 400yds away that is...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Wrote the book on it,with Marlin 39's and have sold alotta rifles/ammo.(grin)

The Annie 54's are quiet enough with supersonic,that a guy can really get some serious licks in..............