data-csrf="1714380438,eda7203559d0bebf95f93931e7b9f65b" Dog And Pony Show................ | As Real As It Gets

Dog And Pony Show................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Some of the best ground I ever worked in SE,but I'll get to the mean shit.

I can see that I'm gonna have 10,000 fucking clips and need to cypher a filing system. Scream foul,should I hang one twice...I can take it.

LINK................

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Paying attention in that shit would be a must.

WTF was that noise before you shot that bear? Tell me you didn't chamber a round! I thought the only way to kill shit, was the Elmer Fudd sneaky way with a HOT chamber.....LOL..

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Resolution was fucking great in that one Stick.

And nice reaction from bear at the shot...I love it when they jump like that.

Westman

Nov 30, 2007
No. Illinois
Worked well on my end too.

Could you tell us what cartridge you are killing shit with? Curious to know what this bear was shot with.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
338Ultra,210X @ 3400fps. Easy to see trace/impact in the raw footage,can't know how compression robbed from that.

When I get some weather,I'll go do the "chambering a round/6x42/scope cap thing" and get some minds right. I am not much into making shit hard,be it 10' or 1K yds.

Got some Pass Shooting footage from back in the day,swatting Crows outta the air with various 6x42 scoped hammers,both near and far,fast and slow. Will take some serious time,to even scratch the surface of the accumulated footage and touch upon the many things that "can't be done".

"Light barrels can't shoot" and "hot barrels" is some familiar territory for me and I'll expound on them things,just a whole lot beyond convincingly.

Them with the most excuses,do the least and that too,deeply humors me.....................

Matt

Jan 9, 2008
Alaska
Big Stick said:
The 338Ultra/210X is my favorite Cat Spray.

Magnificent cartridge...................
Can I assume that you have yet to recover an X bullet out of a critter that was shot with that 338 Ultra of yours?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Muley Stalker retained one out of his 338Ultra,but I never have.

His weighed 210 on the nose,penetrated the body length and I have it here somewhere...in case I ever decide to get an ear pierced....................

Huntr

Jan 3, 2008
Awesome footage!! I don't think that bear liked your 210 TSX at all! grin

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
I missed the link here, but found your Money grows on trees vid and loved it. Good resolution and sound ('cept when you moved the camera at the end) and wicked cool falling footage.

It can't have been fun to haul a camera and tripod in addition to all your other gear in the kind of country, but we're glad you did.

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
Yeah, I got to thinkin' about the avaiable stumps, but to capture the Coppola-esque composition while still safely falling a tree might limit your options if dependent on tabletops. He could stick an axe in a tree and perch the camera on that too. No need for a tripod I guess. Still glad for the footage though.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Good ground allows options and I always savored the flavor,as them opportunities were so few and far between.

That strip was but an hour hump in and that's a cakewalk compared to most the shit I did. Some bordered on 3 fucking hours,one way and a guy went pretty light on them.

Long days,weeks and years.................