data-csrf="1713594936,f7ef0f75f719304c647ee1d85e536a48" Don't they know | As Real As It Gets

Don't they know

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
That's a good looking plot for sure. Will you overseed or re-fertilize again during the winter? I planted eight smaller plots on our property this year as most of it is growing timber for $$$$. Planting those dozed-lanes and pipeline ROW's will generally make a deer pause for a nibble as he crosses and give you a few seconds to check him out. I know a girl who owns just one 40 acre block, but she plants 8 acres in the center and draws good bucks every year.

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
Between the Mtns and the Plateau
We started from scratch on this plot. Its right at 10 acres in size. The deer should eat it all this winter...we had a complete mast failure. We'll spray it next spring with Post to kill the weeds back and recheck it again in Aug/early Sept. We have clover, austrian peas, Dwarf essex rape, and wheat in it now. The deer must be using it at night cause there is a ton of deer crap out there and we have only seen, at most, 6 deer in it during shooting hours.

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
If the foodplot doesn't pan out, how's about just building a nice little cabin there for hiding from life's stress? I could SO relax in that setting.....

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
Should add, that I can't tell if the house in the background is livable or not. I'd still rather have a one room log cabin with a loft either way though.....

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
The house in the background is just an old abandoned farmhouse. Its a pretty place for sure. I would say the house is from the early 1920'or 30's. What you cannot see is another food plot to the right of the house in another hollow. It is about 5 acres in size. This is the only place where we have actual 'dirt' to till. The rest of our food plots are on ridge tops in some VERY rocky ground. The more you try to till it..the more watermelon size rocks show up. We have to fetilize and lime the piss out of it.

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
You can have them feathered fuckers! We are damn knee deep in the SOB's...and get this, we aren't allowed to shoot them. That is the only stipulation of our lease. The Doc we lease from is a certified turkey hunting/killing machine. The damn things ate us out of house and home before the seed germinated. Not haveing any rain for nearly 5 months didn't help either.

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
I see turkeys on our place all the time, but I just can't get excited about hunting them in the spring. We corn some of our hunting spots and the "corn buzzards" can eat it up pretty damn fast.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
got to let the turkey know that you love them.....
that food plot should do the trick