data-csrf="1711651216,df0c57ba956d8a0b695378f36dbebdac" drying out a SigKilo 2200 | As Real As It Gets

drying out a SigKilo 2200

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Has anyone successfully dried out a 2200? I got caught in the rain a couple days ago, but didn't think much about it. When to lase a target today and got nothing. A couple of hrs in the sun and she fires up, display shows and scrolls through functions, but won't range. There's a cloud of moisture in the laser aperture. I'll toss it in a bag of rice for a couple of days to see WTF, but thought I'd see if anyone has had this happen before?

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
No, but if you send it to Sig they'll replace it. They won't replace it for an electronic failure of the normal sort, but if you drive over it with your bulldozer they will.
Think of it this way - if it does dry out and work, do you really trust it anymore?

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Yup, I'm waiting for a reply from Sig. Just thought I can't bee the first to experience this, so there might be some tricks out there to get it back up and running.

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Spoke with Sig today. Was told send it back, we'll probably replace it, but don't know what we'll send, as it's been discontinued. Guess we'll just wait and see.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I sent in an 1800 and got a 2200 back, just a few weeks ago. Maybe you'll get the next one up!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
All my shit is wet,more often than not. Calling for 4-inches today and I'm still trying to figure out how I made it home.................(grin)

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
All my shit is wet,more often than not. Calling for 4-inches today and I'm still trying to figure out how I made it home.................(grin)
I was pretty surprised that mine shit the bed. It hadn't even occurred to me that I shouldn't have it out in the rain. In retrospect, it is electronic..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd chalk it up to being a fluke and be greatful it ain't Leeker CS you are going to suffer.

I reckon you'll be healed in whole and nicely..................

pavementends

Dec 9, 2007
Mississippi
I have a Leupold RX-1000 TBR with a display so week I can only see it against a dark surface. CS "we don't repair those send it back and we will sell you another one at a discount." Cable connection at front but no info anywhere! Why would one want another range finder with no support. If Sig supports it that is what I would stay with.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Sig pulls the plug on electronics coverage at five years. Death and dismemberment is lifetime.