data-csrf="1713588391,97d1f59cdb2d394e20f2dfb02f2f7eb6" Dumb...... | As Real As It Gets

Dumb......

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I can't view the clip at work, but your description clues me in to what's probably going on.

I was at the range a few weeks ago, and some hero bring out his wife for a shooting lesson. Brought along his Howa .338WM - no scope, just irons. He pounds about 10 rounds through it, and then offers it up for his small-framed wife to shoot.

Our hero instructs her how to load the magazine, and tells her to, "fill it up". By the way she was handling the rifle, I could tell she had no idea what was coming her way. As instructed, she hunkered down behind the rifle, barrel rested on a folded up gun case, and let's one rip. The rifle shoves her back a couple of feet, and HARD! She scraped the muzzle on the shooting bench and almost dropped the rifle during recoil.

She gets up, tears in her eyes, and proclaims that she's done. Our hero finishes shooting the remaining rounds in the .338 and puts it away. He then pulls out a .22 LR and starts to shoot it! When he offers for her to shoot it, she quickly declines, still banged up from the bigger rifle.

Now why in the hell would he start a seemingly brand-new shooter with a .338WM? WTF could possibly be gained from such an act? What an asshole.

RAT

Jan 2, 2008
Wa. The state
Dan,Thats why I stopped going to public gun ranges.

I live in Tx so there are many more more dumb fucks per capita.

Painless

Administrator
A previous boyfriend of my wife's let her shoot a 12 gauge with 3" loads, it kicked the shit out of her and she never wanted to shoot anything after that. I started her out with my 22lr and once she was comfortable with it we moved up to the 223, and now she shoots my 25/284 and 7/08 with no problems.....Blake

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
My wife's ex did the same thing to her with a 12 gauge.......

Luckily, she's pretty tough and is now getting over her flinching problem.

Been working with her on the Mark2 and the 10-22, as well as getting her own 38 S&W with the Crimson Trace laser grips. She loves shooting my single action 44 Special and both of my 45's.

Still makes me want to stomp a mudhole in the fucker that handed her the buckshot in the 12 gauge.

Biggest problem I have with her is finding a stock that'll fit. She's so damn tiny that the stock is gonna look like it would fit a midget when I'm done.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Painless said:
I started her out......and once she was comfortable......we moved up.....and now she shoots......with no problems.
Sounds like perfect progression to me. I bet she really enjoys to shooting, now, too.

Good on you, Blake.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
My wife got to shoot her step dad's AR last summer.........that's all she's talked about for her "next rifle" since that time. I couldn't have bought her a sex toy that got her more worked up......life's good, and sometimes it's just damn good.................grin

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I thought I got good responses from my wife with jewelry. Maybe I'll give her an AR as an anniversary present this year. :grin:

Painless

Administrator
My wife is done with the shooting stuff, she has our little girl now and all of her thought process are geared towards the baby. I am gonna try and disrupt all of that when Parker is a little older and get her involved in shooting, am hoping that will bring momma back into it........Blake

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
I know the feeling..............little girls are a show stopper.

Momma and I are getting ready to have our first day away from her in almost five months, starting tomorrow. Trout season opens tomorrow and the panther martins are stocked and ready to rock.

Jiffy

Jan 29, 2008
Nodak
ARs hook many new shooters for life. I have to admit they are fun as hell. Especially in a dog town.

Don't get me wrong, I do like punching paper and steel but pink mists are MUCH better.

Why do I smile everytime I think about that?