data-csrf="1714043907,a7b57de1bd2c63264dab16f5b5a159b9" Electric Knife Sharpener | As Real As It Gets

Electric Knife Sharpener

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
I’m a sap for guided systems and/or stones. I need something to do anyway but for those who don’t I could see going with a powered option.

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
Last year at a friend's party we were talking about knives and sharpening. Most of us agreed that we have dulled more blades on a stone than we got sharp and everyone who had a worksharp was a huge fan. I don't have the patience for a stone now that I have used the belts.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I have the Chefs Choice version of that last Edgecraft you linked.

Works fine for me on our kitchen knives and my work/EDC knives.

I still put my hunting and nice knives to the stone, but honestly it’s to preserve the steel more than getting a better edge.

The chefs choice puts a good enough edge for anything i would need, just removes too much metal for me.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
The paper wheels are interesting. Always wanted to try them.
None of the belt stuff does anything for me. Too sure I would ruin something. I could see spending the money on an edge pro or one of the guided manual sharpeners, but so far I get by with a diamond stone.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
I use a pair of Ken onion worksharps for fillet knife work. Even my wife can do it, and she can’t change a light bulb.

two is very nice as you don’t have to change belts.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
The paper wheels are interesting. Always wanted to try them.
None of the belt stuff does anything for me. Too sure I would ruin something. I could see spending the money on an edge pro or one of the guided manual sharpeners, but so far I get by with a diamond stone.
i have an edge pro you can have. Not my cup of tea

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
One of the simple Smith’s sharpeners that have the ceramic rods or Spyderco sharp maker will do for those who don’t have the dexterity for stones.

ptarmigan

Apr 13, 2008
Anchortown
I have a Lansky, Spyderco, and a work sharp. The Lansky gets the best edge and the diamond stones are a must have on the lower grits. The spyderco is ok for a quick edge. The work sharp is super easy but you've gotta be careful as you can chew up a blade in a hurry with it.