data-csrf="1711679160,0a8e8e6e41d4edce451614fc0106ee9c" Eotech or Aimpoint T-1 | As Real As It Gets

Eotech or Aimpoint T-1

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I got an ar-15 and a 10/22 that i would like to put a red dot on.Im looking for some opinions on both of these red dots.These old eyes of mine are having trouble with iron sights. Thanks

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
i do like me some eotech. target acquisition is a bit quicker than with any of the aimpoints i've used over the years. swapped my m68 for an acog last tour, just cause the AO was rather large and open.

aimpoint's battery life is better, so if you plan on just leaving it on 24/7, that'd be the way to go. if you don't mind taking 4 seconds after shooting to turn it off, i'd still go with eotech exps.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
I totally agree with Ferret. I've used all three on deployments and have EoTech on for personal use. Though I'm running a Acog on my issue this roll around.

At Gunsite our line had a few M68's (aimpoints) go down. Have had some in units do the same. Though that was in 2006-2007ish all the issues with them were popping up. Seem my Soldiers haven't been bitching about the ones they're using now.

I've seen multiple friends get IEDed with deaths and burning shit everywhere. M4's and crew served weapons destroyed. One M4 was bent in half all the hatches and seats blown off/out of the MRAP, the turret ripped off. We took the EoTech off the nuked M4, re-zeroed it and it shot fine. A very tough optic.

The only issue I've seen with it is the battery compartment can get gummed up if batteries are left there to rot. That shouldn't be an issue for you. Heat, like 130-140 degrees can melt the glue for the little connectors in the battery compartment, but it still works fine, with a little bit of fat fingering.

The 20 MOA circle with the one MOA dot is the reticle that kicks ass. The 20 MOA circle covers a body sided target fast, for close quarters, and the 1 MOA dot is very useable for long range. A pard of mine doinked a dude planting a mine at about 550M with it un-magnified. Very nice reticle.

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
One of our guys running with SAS a couple years back swapped his 68 for an exps he found in a conex (grin)....then managed a 300ish headshot on a dumbass taking potshots then running to a new position. Dumb enough to keep his AK in hand tho so D. gave it a whirl....surprised himself a little i think.

Brits were pissed....ended up being a guy they'd been trying to kill for almost three years (grin).

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Which EoTech do you prefer?

Several guys I know have upgraded from the 512 and then seemed to regret going 123 for the batteries.

athhud

Oct 21, 2008
AL
I'm all about the Eotech 552. I like being able to rob batteries out of the television remote, if need be.