data-csrf="1711656399,7b94216f2d3dd77043241c31227e9a12" Fire the grill up. | As Real As It Gets

Fire the grill up.

SuperSeal110

Sep 18, 2008
Michigan
Stuck a good eater doe last Saturday night with the bow. 2" Rage fucked her shit up @ 10 yds under the stand. She piled up about 70yds on the edge of our CRP field and hay.

The shot looks high, but it was the angle of the shot since I was 25' up.

HuntKY

Feb 12, 2010
TX/WYO/TN
Nice SS. Perforating does with a sharp stick is good stuff. I've let the air out of two.....looking for horns now.

SuperSeal110

Sep 18, 2008
Michigan
Thank you.

It's been 80* the last week, so I haven't been on the stand lately. Plus, we're swamped with OT now. It's fucking up my hunting time.

I've see some some decent horns. Before whacking this bitch, I had a nice 10pt by me, but he was just outside bow range at 65yds away. He worked himself away from me and 3 does came under the stand.

Painless

Administrator
Had a 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer just out of range Saturday morning. There were several doe's within spittin distance but I let them walk. Had a coyote come at me twice but I never could get my bow pulled back on him before he busted me. First time was at 20 feet, second time was at 15 feet. Sucks that I haven't put an arrow through one yet but there is still time.....Blake

SuperSeal110

Sep 18, 2008
Michigan
Blake,

Close call on the yotes. I never see any of them during bow season. Once in a great, blue, moon I'll see one during gun season. Switched a few SD cards out in the Cuddie's and I can't believe how many coyotes it captures doing the night. Going to throw some steel out shortly for 'em.

Seen a few 2.5yr olds these past few weeks, but everything's been getting a pass. Looking for the 3.5yr olds I've had on cam earlier this year.

This week should be excellent. Rut is starting to kick up. Been watching younger bucks start chasing a little and they were on the prowl yesterday evening while on stand... Matter of time, now...