data-csrf="1711691906,7ad7027057adf699e8ad96a9f4d0f044" Fucking Vudoo........ | As Real As It Gets

Fucking Vudoo........

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
These people and their standards are unreal. Simply SENSATIONAL.

ALL dots connected,NO bullshit and THE most exceptional wares in the Industry.

Kudos.

Baby Man approved,despite the exceptional weather...................(grin)

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Vudoo does have their shit together they make an outstanding rifle I cant believe the shit I can hit with it at extended ranges.Baby Man is going to have some fun with that toy.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I had some guy down the range that told me an 22 is only good to 75yds.I told him to look at his steel plate at 300yds and began to pound the shit out of it.Then at 400 yds I started to skip water bottles all over the berm and his jaw dropped.It was pretty funny. I am saving for another Vudoo.

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Interesting. 40AE in my faux vudoo(Bergara) cuts some insane 5 shot groups but just won't cut it for 10 shots. I assume it's an ammo issue, but I'm pretty green to the precision rimfire game.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Were logistics more favorable,I'd do things different. Nice to go buy 30K rounds and just fucking shoot............(grin)

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Good lookin rifle Stick. Did you grab one of the new lightweight outlanders or is it standard?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
This was one of their turnkey packages,that I can't remember how they termed it. Standard fill on the handle and a Lothar Walther S/S blank of less contour,wearing a touch looser chamber for Utility.

Handy Bitch for sure................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Thanks. I keep putting off buying one of these; and the shortage of ammo selection is part of it. It's encouraging you're shooting bulk stuff with satisfaction. I'm probably set for a few years there. The light Outlander makes a sportier version easier and cheaper to build.

My father salted away a 541-S for me when I was small - the Vudoo is definitely the equivalent++ for 2020. Nice job!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
They were letting these turnkey complete rifles go for $1775,if I recall correctly(definately sub 1800 clams). Hard to get hurt there and they adjusted the Timney rather nicely.

Were logistics different,I'd send a dozen rifles to the Lapooey Test Center and go whole hog...but alas................(grin)

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I remember those rifles I almost bought one.If I remember right they have Lother ranch contour barrel that will chamber amy 22lr ammo with ease.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It's a REALLY Good Bitch.

First (5) rounds at 50yds. Didn't boresight,just guessed on height factoring scope internals and 30 MoMo's of inclination. Shot a rock,added 1.5 Mil's height and shot a cluster. Target isn't oriented correctly,because height was golden and it needed .4 Mil's LH windage correction. Adjusted same,zero'd turrets,then went to 200yds.

Coulda killed a Woof at 25 fucking yards,but what's generally open,is closed.

Fuckers.............

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Very nice Stick.Does the ranch contour feel a whole lot lighter then the specter contour.She sure looks like a quick and handy little bitch.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Haven't swapped stocks/barreled actions. The shorter length never hurts,balance is killer and it fucking SHOOTS.

Don't leave nothin' to Wish for.

I took it out of my crummy,or I'd be flogging on it! I'll save that for Sister and him....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pretty funny today,with a visting pard winding down and set to peel. We fished,caught,laughed and then wrapped up the day with trigger time.

The weather has been squarely fucking EPIC in it's voracity,which of course only adds to the experience. He over shot multiple airports,got lucky and caught a rather Sporty ride on The Green Canoe and like has webbed feet by now. Anywhooo...we get to talk a fair bit at work and I've looonnngggggggggg been accustomed to eyesrollin' and heads shakin' in disbelief,as I simply recount what do what and more importantly WHY,as pertaining to The Rifle,amongst a host of other thangs.

I learned many moons ago,to simply cough up DOPE,suggest a wind hold and let folks connect their own dots and watch them go RIGHT to cutting checks. Long story short,with a slight reprieve in total atmospherics,due a friendly bight,someone sold themselves a Vudoo,on the first shot at 600yds.(grin)

6x MQ no less.

What were the "odds"?!?......................(grin)

bobnob

Jan 15, 2016
NSW, Australia
These people and their standards are unreal. Simply SENSATIONAL.

ALL dots connected,NO bullshit and THE most exceptional wares in the Industry.

Kudos.

Baby Man approved,despite the exceptional weather...................(grin)

Missus Noble said to say that Baby Man is a heartbreaker!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Communicate the thanks to her and I reckon he's a keeper.

Think I'll go try to catch him,roll up in a blanket,hop in my recliner and take a Snuggler Nap.

The creeks were COLD today,with the 75mph+ winds................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
We were talking 'Dots and Chickmunks...but I forget which Thread,so it goes here.(grin)

I'm (1) fastener away from the transition and the Kroil Soak should align same.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Kroil do,like it do and better than ANYTHING else.

Swapaloo from the OEM installed Krunchenticker mount,to the Pistole version.

It's going in the front seat,for tomorrow's tear..................(grin)

teal

Dec 16, 2007
Missing, presumed dead.....
That Ravage with the Renegade stock looks to be a stone killer - I assume you're all gunning 22lr, not 17HMR?

Day to day the Sinister is likely the ticket or am I missing something.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Chickmunk was dead nuts at 50yds,but 3.5" right. AMAZED that it was even close,with no boresight or manipulation. I was laughing and LOVING the contraption!

Now as Vudoo goes,I'd be tempted to go RHR MPA Altitude Sporter inletted and do a 18" Spectre. I do not have one in 17HMR yet,but prolly will.

Was gonna see if Rim-X is going to release the 17WSM receiver,as there's a few in the wild,but not mass produced yet...............

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Haha

I still use my son's rascal with a red dot as a truck gun. Handy little devil

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'll have to be Reincarnated,so I can go to Hell all over again,for the wrath I've done with it since the Romeo install...................(grin)

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
One things for sure with .22’s..
You can have every bit as much fun with a $200 rifle as a $2000 rifle

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
Have shot a few Vudoo's I have Tikka T1x and it holds it own in the accuracy department. I shot a couple hundred rounds thru one of my friends Vudoo's and wasn't overly impressed didn't think it was real smooth and had several feeding issues. Another buddy of mine got a brand new one a few weeks ago. We threw it in a Bergerra HMR stock he had laying around and put his 624 kahles on it. This thing is smooth as butter and was wading up SK Standard into 3/8" groups at 50 yds. He took it out to 300 yds the next day and was hammering a 6" gong. Im starting to save my money!!!!! Was going to go Rim X but my buddies new Vudoo changed my mind.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hmmmm....can't know. I've only got (3),two of which have worn multiple DBM's and multiple stocks and nothing resembling an issue anywhere. Mike had mentioned changing metal finish,but I don't know when/where in the lineage that transpired.

Mine are all smoother than shit and lock like a Bank Vault. I certainly haven't done anything "tricky",unless rain is "Magic"......................(grin)

Reactions: 7mmMato2

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
The unimpressive one may of been a fluke. I have heard that there was a run of bad mags out there. The new one was a joy to shoot. I will end up with one eventually.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Can't know,as I think I only have (15) different mags or so,the bulk of which are poly 10-rounders,with but a couple Billet 5-rounders. I tend to mark mags,so if an issue ever arises,it can help to pinpoint an issue.

My gut hunch have more than a fucking shitload of AICS DBM's,is that there's real possibility of having mag height geometry issues. I like my mags snug,but in relation to the receiver(no rattling) and my mag latches TIGHT for positive retention. that being said,I never had a single woe,with all of the DBM/Stock swapping I've done,in conjunction with a smattering of mags.

What stock was used on the one that had troubles?.....................

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
Can't know,as I think I only have (15) different mags or so,the bulk of which are poly 10-rounders,with but a couple Billet 5-rounders. I tend to mark mags,so if an issue ever arises,it can help to pinpoint an issue.

My gut hunch have more than a fucking shitload of AICS DBM's,is that there's real possibility of having mag height geometry issues. I like my mags snug,but in relation to the receiver(no rattling) and my mag latches TIGHT for positive retention. that being said,I never had a single woe,with all of the DBM/Stock swapping I've done,in conjunction with a smattering of mags.

What stock was used on the one that had troubles?.....................
He had it in a Manners but swapped to a MPA and still had issues. Last I knew he had bought a Billet mag and was having better luck with it. Our local club has a monthly Tactical .22 match. Several Vudoos are used and there was 2 or 3 guys having issues. The last I heard they thought they had it narrowed down to a bad lot of Poly mags they had all gotten there mags at about the same time. The matches find the weak spot in any system. The sample of 2 Rimx's I have seen at the matches had feeding issues as well. Though one of them got it lined out by fine tuning the mag latch. I think you are correct on all the different DBM's and chassis that a guy can run into issues. My Tikka feeds everything well except SK Standard and of course it shoots it the best. I fucked around with the magwell on it and finally got it to feed them. Havent had a feeding issue in several thousand rounds now. Threw it in a Bravo and that made it a entirely better set up than the factory stock. But it still aint a Vudoo

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It's easy to unknowingly stack tolerances,with all the different Lego's.

My Anschutzeses soooooooooooo fucking HATE Vudoo.................(grin)

Reactions: 7mmMato2