data-csrf="1714291229,6e8ee5673c4855246b70d380d16eedd1" Funeral for a Soldier | As Real As It Gets

Funeral for a Soldier

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Twas a bad & sad day today......had to got to a funeral for a local soldier killed in Iraq on Nov. 18.

Killed by an IED while on patrol along with 2 others. He was 26 and was an Army Corporal.

Knew him since was 10 years old as his younger brothers and my 2 boys were friends when they were younger.....they lived 2 houses away. His dad was a Steelheading pard of mine.

He wanted to be there, he wanted to make a difference, he wanted to kill Al Queda and apparently he did a goodly number of them in. According to his reports, thru his father, the tide really is turning in Iraq.

His parents have handled it as well as could be expected but even then the loss of a child is a trying thing with no real ending. I don't ever want to experience it in my lifetime.

He was awarded the Bronze Star and they sent in a Major General to run the military part of the service.

A sad day though, no matter how you cut it.

MM

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
My sincere condolences as well.......

Lost a good friend over there and can't imagine the loss of a child under the same circumstances.