data-csrf="1714360101,4f593b233ca54a779006c826cf959e9f" Garmin Xero C1 Chrono | As Real As It Gets

Garmin Xero C1 Chrono

Wiserfool

Sep 6, 2020
I was curious about this new breakthrough, so I did some YouTubin as well. The real kicker for me was also discovering truckloads of LabRadar units suddenly for sale on virtually ALL buy and sell forums. Obviously, Garman has an absolute game changer on offer.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I want one to replace my Magnetospeed. The Garmin unit looks slick and the reviews suggest that it addresses the areas of LabRadar’s shortcomings.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
I was never impressed with the labradar. I noticed the buy sells full of them before i knew about the garmin. Ill stick with my old faithful magnetospeed as its yet to let me down. The fact the garmin unit is so compact is probably a gamechanger. Area 419 has a slick arca adaptor to mount it to your rifle.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Ballistics AE,simply retired all (3) of my Chronographs.

I KNOW with good components,that ES/SD is going to be minute. Comeups are a quick/hasty DOPE confirmation,on a reticle and erector of repute. Nothing else makes a fuck to me.

It sooooooo fucks guys' heads up...................(grin)

labdad

Nov 20, 2007
Don’t think bears will be an issue, on the other hand, I have seen many days go by where a guy cannot get from CDB to Unimak. Always a crap shoot.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Hunts,

I like that little tripod that the Garmin is on. I do think that's the one thing I'm going to change about my Xero. I haven't had any issues with it getting knocked over, but the little tripod it comes with doesn't do much to inspire confidence.

What's the details on the tripod?

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks Hunts!

FWIW...I thought you guys might get a kick out of this...

Yesterday while I was at my local range, I stopped by the indoor benchrest building to talk with a friend of mine. He was doing some lot testing and we ended up talking for a few minutes.

He asked me if I had any of my rimfires with me and I told him I had on of my Vudoo’s with me. He asked me to get it because he wanted to see how it would shoot on one of their benchrest targets.

I’ve been trying to get him to order a Vudoo for years and thought it might be perfect timing. The Vudoo shot like it always does…great!

I had my Garmin Xero in my range bag, so I decided to set it up and show him that…because he needs one of those too!

Auto-Benchrest is popular at that range and just about every bench has a makeshift barrier to keep ejected rounds from hitting the shooter on the next bench.

After one of my shots, I got the reading below on the Garmin.
1709330591281.png

I had to laugh because the Garmin picked up a fired round after I ejected it and it ricocheted off the barrier. Check out the velocity of that piece of brass! This happened several more times, and all of them were within 10 FPS.

Look at the average FPS…that’s due to the brass !

One thing is for sure, Vudoo’s shoot really well…and they eject brass with authority!
1709330644045.png

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I would 100% convert over to seeing how fast I could eject brass. Probably spend an hour at it....

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
Now that’s funny !
Probably some morons that would be cussing their ammo !……grin
I would 100% convert over to seeing how fast I could eject brass. Probably spend an hour at it....
And then there'd be the folks catching on quick and egging on the slow-witted to see how fast they could get THEM to eject cases as they got pisseder-offer.

• Love
Reactions: Rolltide

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
FWIW...I didn't tell my buddy what was happening and he's beside himself trying to figure out why that lot of Lapua Polar Biathlon is sooo slow in my Vudoo.