data-csrf="1714362059,4547b352faa88bbf4ce1ae16d7728bda" Geovids | As Real As It Gets

Geovids

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
I'm still digging my 10x42's, and I haven't heard Bill say he hates 'em, but got the impression he wasn't wild about the weight and bulk. I don't even notice anymore...

Accraholic, what's your thoughts on yours?

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
I hated to spend that kind of money on them, but they're not for sale...

They are a bit heavier and bulkier then my Classics, but since we all take a lazer everywhere, the two for one aspect can't be overlooked.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
have been looking at them for about a year now...
just have not pulled the trigger...

Painless

Administrator
I really want a pair myself. Dave and Accra this is most likely a stupid question but here goes, do you guys handle these any differently than say your classics. I mean are you rough on them and they are still ticking or do you handle them with kids gloves. I know you are not going to throw them off a cliff, but how do they hold up to everyday hunting abuse........Blake

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
I didn't start out treating them real kindly, but probably took better care of them at first than I had been regarding my Classics.

Now, all that's out the window and they bounce around on the floor of the truck or boat on occasion, bang off trees when I fall down, and generally suffer. Damn near backed over them once when they fell off the hood of my truck in the driveway.

Can't say I purposely try to hurt 'em, but they've stood up well to careless use, including a few drops in the gravel.

So far, so good...

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Them there Geovids made it onto an episode of CSI the other night...lol.

Some numbnuts with the financial backing of a vagabond was watching cuban immigrants on a beach in Miami getting blown up with landmines....Apparently he got up in haste and his prized Geovids smacked a rock, knocking the front lens housing off and leaving it in the sand for the donut munchers to find.

They never mentioned what type of binocular it was, so when I piped up to my wife about the pedigree, she of course doubted me. That's when I opened up Cabelas and explained the eye-fucking procedure that has been taking place in the shitter for the last 2 years....

I just bought some Leupold Cascade 8x42's and they are really sweet. The ole boy at Sportsman's Warehouse was glad to see me leave finaly, after going through everything he had. I've damn near had them hijacked twice since last fall. It's a lota glass for $350.00.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
My wife hates it when I pick apart that show, especially on the gun end of things......

Anymore we'll be watching a show and she has to ask me...."alright, what kinda gun is it that he's got?"

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
A guy should probably beat'em pretty hard right out of the gate, seeing as they only have a 3 year warranty...

I do require most civilians who want to peek though them to employ the neck strap, but they can usually be found on the floor in the back seat of my truck...I'm terrible about keeping my stuff clean, function concerns me far more than appearance.