data-csrf="1711713901,e73cd787f12075f7c4eef9db7d0f87d9" Grayboe surgery? | As Real As It Gets

Grayboe surgery?

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
I'm curious if anyone has taken any of the fill out of the butt of a Grayboe? I have a Terrain that I would like to run a sporter barrel contour in, but obviously balance sucks. I thinking about cutting the pad off to see if there's any excessivly heavy fill that could be removed?

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
I've solved this problem many times.
Easiest thing to do is build a fat barreled rig for the terrain, then put yours in a new stock.

If you're lucky you'll find an extra bolt handle or bottom metal along the way that will also spawn a new rifle.

Jokes aside I'm sure someone helpful will come along shortly.

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Lol, I actually grabbed a Manners for my project and put the Terrain up for sale, but no one is biting, so I'm exploring options. I must be getting old, but heavier rifles are getting less and less interesting!

Reactions: CaptArab

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
I bought a terrain during the thanksgiving sale. I like the stock a lot but it’s heavy. I knew that going in and have a varmint contour barrel in it. That same stock 10-12 ounces lighter would be a dandy for a sporter barrel. I know the outlander is for a lighter barreled action I just prefer the shape of the terrain. I’m also fond of the sako hunter stocks so I guess that’s why? They seem pretty similar the terrain like myself could stand to loose a little weight.

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
I bought a terrain during the thanksgiving sale. I like the stock a lot but it’s heavy. I knew that going in and have a varmint contour barrel in it. That same stock 10-12 ounces lighter would be a dandy for a sporter barrel. I know the outlander is for a lighter barreled action I just prefer the shape of the terrain. I’m also fond of the sako hunter stocks so I guess that’s why? They seem pretty similar the terrain like myself could stand to loose a little weight.
yup, that's exactly where I am as well.

Apr 3, 2010
  • Deleted by 30338
Show…

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
As far as weight but I prefer the shape of the terrain to the outlander. Assuming the outlander is as much like the classic as it appears. No flies on the classic but I prefer the Sako Hunter terrian’ish shape.

Reactions: wolfman