data-csrf="1713950221,86e2dafd64a97161311e5eef3c9b14a9" Grock 44............................ | As Real As It Gets

Grock 44............................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Anybody flogging on one? Sister LOVES Grocks,so I got her one for Xmas. Marked the supplied mags,hit pistole with a couple drops of lube and only asked that she swapped to/fro on mags. NO feed/function issues,sights were on the money.

Have half a dozen 18rd Promags coming,but never have had a Promag warm/fuzzy in any chambering,whether steel or poly.

Thunks?..........................

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
I’ve had one for a few months now. The only problem I’ve had was not paying attention to the last 3 rounds stuffed into the magazine. They can nose dive and screw things up.
Dawson is now making a front FO sight for them. I’m trying a fixed plastic sight instead of the adjustable.
Been shooting a few Steel Challenge matches with mine and only have about 3000 rounds on it. Did break down and buy a threaded barrel for my can. Really like the dang thing. Not the most accurate but I’ve had worse. Buy lots of mags.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
In my Rimfire Tactical Facebook group, there seems to be about a 50/50 split. Quite a few folks like them, but like anything, there are those who've had problems.

To me, it seems like a no brainer if you like Glocks, especially at the price point for the entire pistola versus buying a conversion kit...

I'm a huge fan of having a ton of magazines... Two weeks ago I went to a local Steel Challenge Match with plans to shoot 4 guns and had 710 rounds loaded in magazines...

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it...

I've seen a ton of shooters picking up the Taurus TX22's for Steel Challenge and just plinking...but I haven't been tempted...yet....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
IMHO,it goes without saying to grab one,if a 19 is your Bread & Butter. Worst case is that it's fickle and the familiarity of unfucking same,applies to the 19,so there's some muscle memory.

Steel 18-20rd mags that ran and upped the mass towards a true 19 realm,would be WELL received................

Reactions: False_Cast

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
i reckon I should add that the 18rd ProMags are a touch fickle. The follower spring is a Bilstein.(grin)

Thus far,the OEM 10's haven't bobbled and the parcel is SURPRISINGLY reliable. It shoots to the sights for Sister,but shoots a touch high for me. the platform is handy and LIGHT enough,that she prefers it to her 3" S&W 317,which I would have NEVER guessed.

Don't see how a guy goes wrong,if he drives a Grock centerfire,just for familiarity...................

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Do the Promags work at all?

I was talking with someone today who was trying to decide between one of the Glocks and a Taurus...

I told him to flip and coin and then buy whatever he could find...

So far...he ain't buying anything!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
If you keep 'em at 15rds,they purrrrrrr. Topped off they're fickle,but the follower spring softening over time,may grant the whole enchilada..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
FIRST Rule of a Gunfight...is to have a gun.

Lotsa folks are realizing that,rather late in the game..................