data-csrf="1711638595,1e6bf685fe10df39ff230314a1f96d55" HOLY Fuck!............ | As Real As It Gets

HOLY Fuck!............

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Wild stuff!

I'd love to make a trip to see the TT. It's on my bucket list, for sure. I'd also like to take in a Moto GP race, or even a practice session.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
And the best part? For 40 G's, or about what Stick spends annually on wool socks and rifle barrels, any one of us can own that Ducati.

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Buying/riding a liter bike is definitely the most cost effective way to mess up your internal accelerometer!

I think I'd better stick to my ST 1300 for the on-road stuff. Knowing that I'm hurling 700+ lbs into a corner keeps things pretty mild, for the most part.

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
Wow!
I can really close to buying a motorcycle earlier in life but better judgement won out
Backed out on writing the check at the dealer
It was a Honda CB something ?
I know me and sooner or later I’d have got brave ......... grin

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
The guys that race Isle of Man had bigger clanking balls than any other racer out there.

I owned an R1 for 5 years before kids. I knew my place and ability on that bike; It was too much for me or any public street.

Reactions: dakotagun

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I went adventure/enduro/supermoto about 5 years ago out of self preservation. Smashed my left leg into pieces that needed a handful of screws and a titanium rod in '17, so it didn't work worth a shit. But I am alive. You'd think I'd grow up by now but not even close. The first 890 Duke that hits America this fall will probably be mine.

Reactions: dakotagun

Marias

Dec 24, 2007
150 +in a car is fast. I have been that and 96 on a three wheeler and 120 plus on a bike but only on straights...Corners add a whole new dimension. I found myself leaning in my seat to keep it upright...

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
A little case of the whiskey throttle took you into the rhubarbs, eh Stick?

On a serious note, I've been down a couple times on the street. Both times due to my pushing the limit, aka stupidity. I've been lucky to have only a few rash scars to show for it. Being I'm a bit older now, my focus the last 10 years has been eating up miles on two wheels & I wear all the gear all the time. There is definitely some risk involved there, but I couldn't imagine being without a bike or three.

Last edited:

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Ditto. Six and growing. And wear all the crap, even when it's 95 degrees. I even armor up for riding the trials bike around the rocks and logs in my lawn.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Bought a NASTY FZR 600 offa guy,who actually turned wrenches for a Team Kawasaki.

Long story short,I cut the check,rode away and mebbe 10 minutes later,tried to highside myself in the marbles on the approach to a bridge. Best move seemed like to bail...so I did and ricocheted purty good offa guardrail at 120mph+. Knocked mosta my shoes off me,did my Hickory Shirt no favors and wearing a helmet was the best idea of the prior 10 minutes. All of which was better news than sailing off into the gorge over/through the bridge.(grin)

I'd still need to see/feel/hear 6th gear at redline,so am content to watch...because I KNOW I am powerless....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Saw it all crystal clear and figured a PingPong,was better than a SuperDave into a V-notch canyon,running more than a little white water.

Hold 'er wide and hope to slide................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
He's not showing the rotating mass,much...in the way of mercy.(grin)

This is still my favorite Flogging of All Time and being remastered,don't hurt the footage any.

EPIC...................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
There's a special place in hell for the bastard that decided to pave that hill. And I hope he dies sloooooow on his way there.

Anybody remember Michèle Mouton? [Bobby Unser does.]

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Ari Vatanen(the driver in the above Pike's clip) certainly do and famously said..."Never can nor will I lose to a woman.". I don't recall Bobby ever motherfucking her outright,but he was of course part of the team.

A truly Bobby Riggs "prediction".(grin)

I'll take Mouton over Muldowney,for shaking the ground,though they both certainly have balls of steel!.......................

bobnob

Jan 15, 2016
NSW, Australia
I wouldn’t want one of them mad buggers blitzing past the front door of my house / shop / pub at 190mph.... I’d be likely to step out the door half cut and spoil both their day and mine!!!