data-csrf="1711617155,02d6148870b0fe0d9cbbc25a7286acbb" HT permits for Black Bears in Paradise. | As Real As It Gets

HT permits for Black Bears in Paradise.

BrianW

Nov 18, 2007
Alaska
www.geocities.com
My brother wants to come up next Spring for black bear. Naturally I want to take him to the usual island, or maybe the one just north, and noticed that if he's with me, ADF&G has a HT hunt option for non-resident when hunting with a relative.

I thought those GMU's were locked down pretty tight for Non-Res hunts. Drawing permit only. Admittedly, I wasn't paying close attention.

So what's the story? Is it as easy as just showing up together and he grabs a harvest tag?

Thanks!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hopefully they can give you something to go on. The non-resident Fall Hunt,is a fuck show for rules...........

BrianW

Nov 18, 2007
Alaska
www.geocities.com
He's recently divorced, so he'd be breaking the BYOW rule.

While perusing the GMU 4 Brown Bear permits, I saw that 4 were available for nonres with a Alaska resident relative (2 inside, 2 outside) but according to the website that shows permit winners, only 3 were awarded. That last permit does not show up in the webpage for available permits.

Might stop by the local ADF&G office. If I can get him that permit, it's $1000 for Brown bear vs $600 for a Black bear, which I think is a good deal. I'd throw in the extra $400 just to keep the hunt local.

BrianW

Nov 18, 2007
Alaska
www.geocities.com
Well, we have seen three a couple years past, a momma and cubs (not exactly the combo you want in your front yard, but cute), but this year it's been a variety of 3-5 year olds by my guess....