data-csrf="1711624935,23e24bd4fbc7cfb1b78d1e4936a0ab52" Husqvarna 562XP saws | As Real As It Gets

Husqvarna 562XP saws

Apr 3, 2010
Looked around for threads on Husky and Husqvarna and didn't see anything fresh on them. Have a deposit on a 562XP right now. Also deals on 555 and 572xp available. Have a number of acres of big cedars and cottonwoods that need cutting and want something good to handle it. Any reason not to grab a 562XP?

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I bought a 550XP around six years ago and it's an absolute screamer. Not for big stuff of course but a beautiful saw. Has one fatal flaw: Hot start issues. BAD hot start issues. The same emissions crap that afflicts a lot of new saws today. I hear the new XP's are far better.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The last digits of nomenclature are CC's. I've never owned/drove one lesser than 72CC's.

Knowing what little I know about saws,I'd upgrade cubes and bolster the better oilers,tougher case and forget the Barbie Doll Bullshit..................

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
The 572 would be my choice. Stouter crank, bearings and oiler will always last longer than the lighter offerings and you'll never want for more cc's. Husky has also done us right by making them a cost-efficient rebuild should the need arise....

Starting @12:00 for 562/572 camparison and hot start issue solution.

[video:youtube]

Run fresh ethanol-free fuel, good oil (Love the clean burning Tanaka, non-synthetic), keep air filter clean so the wood fines don't get into the crank bearings, service the carb every few years for the same reason, keep the clutch/crank roller bearings lubed and the power head should eat up untold numbers of bars and chain. Still running the piss outta my father's half-century old Jony 52, waiting for the day I can upgrade but she still makes chips fly and me smile!

Pro Tip: Buy a Dualco grease gun ($18 on Bezo's World) for the bar nose roller/clutch roller bearings, drill and tap the thickest part of its cap at about 45 degrees from TDC for a zerk fitting so you can refill it with moly grease from your big automotive grease gun without the mess of unscrewing the top and ladling in the goop. Also, have your dealer remove/plug the compression release to gain an extra half HP or so. If you can't start the saw w/o one, go sit on the JV bench....

Last edited:

Apr 3, 2010
I'm gonna JV it with Barbie for a couple of seasons. If I am worthy of varsity, I'll upsize to the 572. Its way better than my old beater though for sure.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I searched for years for a used 372XP, and finally found one last year. You'll never regret the extra cc's, for sure. We don't even really have the trees to keep it busy, but its so nice not having to fight the saw.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
I picked up a 562xp a couple of years ago to replace my old 268. She's a screamer and the only time I had a hot start issue was on the first day. After that, nothing and she purrs like a kitten. Got a buddy who runs a rental/saw shop and he cut me a smoking deal. He's a Stihl fan, but said that's the only saw he'd had in the shop that never had came back for repair. Power to weight is pretty damn good too.
I'm using it only for firewood and it shines bright with a 28" attached to her. So far, I've got about 12 or so cords under the belt, with nary a hiccup.
I know I'm late to this party, but I'd not hesitate to buy another, if needed.

Reactions: 30338

Apr 3, 2010
Got to burn some fuel in ours this weekend. Ran great and is exactly what I was looking for. It has a lot of work clearing cedars and cutting up falling cottonwoods in the future.